Drive cycle not completing

s281er238

YELLOW MELLOW
Established Member
Haven’t driven my cobra in 3 years the battery had died so I have To smog it and all the monitors check our except the cats. I don’t remember the drive cycle but I guess it’s gone take some time I hate to miles on it. Any info would help on quick drive cycle for them. I have high flow cats by my Sensors are one and it’s tuned to registration which I always do with no issues except this time 3 Days of driving and still cats not ready. There brand new bazzani high flow cats. I use to haven magnaflow. The o2 sensor all new no codes at all. Just p1000 drive cycle not complete.

s281er238

YELLOW MELLOW
Established Member
Yeah I didn’t that for 3 days still no cats. And my tune is back to stock so everyone lights up ready except cats. I guess I’ll just keep driving it every night for a bit.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
You may not get the catalyst monitor to set with high flow cats. You could get lucky and try to take the test. Some states will allow you to take the test / pass with 1 monitor not set.

Problem with the high flow cats is some of them don't remove the harmful contaminates enough to get the monitor to set.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My 2011 threw codes with Kooks " high flow " cats, wound up replacing them with Kooks " green " cats, no inspection issues after that..

s281er238

YELLOW MELLOW
Established Member
Honestly all my life I had bassani x high flow and never had a issue even magna flow on all my saleens and cobras since 1997 and it’s been ok. Even this car was ok until now. I’m
In California la and you have to have cats the only one is EVAP that’s ok to be off. When you say cold starts what you mean.Its become a mystery for me which I never had before.

s281er238

YELLOW MELLOW
Established Member
Put everything back to stock except injectors and bassani high flow cats still getting rich codes on o2 stuck rich there all new sensors too

never had this issues even with all the mods and the tube I use to pass smog flying colors. All monitor ok at all times. I switch out the magna flow to bassani I don’t know if that what causing it maybe the bassani cars are not as stable as the magnaflows. I put stock tube back still same never in my life.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Some hi-flow cats just don't remove enough of the harmful emissions to trigger the catalyst monitor to be ready. I run Stainless works and just could not get the catalyst monitor to ready. Luckily my state allows 1 monitor to not be ready and I was able to pass.

Not sure why you are getting rich codes though. Obviously you are running a aftermarket tune, because of the different injectors? You may need to go back to completely stock injectors, mid pipe and all. After you pass you should seriously consider applying for collector plates.

s281er238

YELLOW MELLOW
Established Member
Put injectors back and reset the tune to stock still same issues car monitor won’t come on. I never had this issues with the Magnaflow x pipe with high flow. I switched out to bassani and now they won’t register. I should left the magnaflows. I never had any smog issues nor did I have to put everything back to stock. I wonder if I can just take off the cats and put the kooks green cats on the car call it a day rather than complete swap

Last edited:

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I have black plates now. What’s
The collectors plate

Not sure how they work on Ca but here in Ohio if you have collector plates you don't need to to do the smog test.

Also, you can try buying a set of 02 defoulers and see if that gets the cat monitor to set.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Just a heads up: Some states allow 1 sensor to not show "ready". Inknow this is the case in MA. So, if its just the cats, you may still pass.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Crazy it won’t set

we don’t have testing here

I find it odd that I haven’t had issues

having long tubes /off road x

I am running a performance tune from predator

I have the rear o2s turned on and heaters on

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Crazy it won’t set

we don’t have testing here

I find it odd that I haven’t had issues

having long tubes /off road x

I am running a performance tune from predator

I have the rear o2s turned on and heaters on
If you have a off road x and rear o2's turned on how are you not throwing a cel?

I had a heck of a time getting my catalyst monitor to ready with my Stainless Works hi Flo cats.

Most smog checks these days are checking for readynes monitors to be set where in the past that may not have always been the case. I was fine for years passing with my setup then all of A sudden last year my car wouldn't pass. Obviously something changed in my state.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Put injectors back and reset the tune to stock still same issues car monitor won’t come on. I never had this issues with the Magnaflow x pipe with high flow. I switched out to bassani and now they won’t register. I should left the magnaflows. I never had any smog issues nor did I have to put everything back to stock. I wonder if I can just take off the cats and put the kooks green cats on the car call it a day rather than complete swap

I had same issues with Bassani cats. Can you swap to a stock H to set and get your test?

Antifoulers might work, and hope you don’t get caught on the visual. Although Bassanis won’t pass visual anyways.

hotcobra03

Established Member
If you have a off road x and rear o2's turned on how are you not throwing a cel?

Question has came up before

tuner is from 02
Was not updated

when watching on scanner rear o2s are functioning as they should

update takes away o2 options

Users who are viewing this thread