Drive WA to VA

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
I have been away from car for 4 month, but today will be the reunion of man and machine!:banana:

But let me ask on here before I start driving next week. I need input from anyone who has ever made a trip cross the northern states (Montana-North Dakota, Minnesota) on major highways/freeways during this time of year… I will definately check the forecast and I know if there has been recently snow then of course there exists the likelihood of icy roads. I’ll be driving my car from WA State to Virginia and I’ve been advised that I should go as far south as possible then go east because I’ll likely run into icy roads. The picture I am getting from talking to people is that these roads are just normally icy during this time of year which is a little hard to me to believe. Is that really the case?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Should be ok now. It's been warm and roads are generally clear of ice and snow. Only rain forecasted for the next couple of weeks. Be forewarned, there is still plenty of salt left on the roads.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Weather conditions can change quickly and leave you in potentially dangerous situations depending on the rubber you have. In your case, while the drive should be okay, that isn't guaranteed. Other than having the car transported to VA, the advice to drive south and then east is smart. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread