Driving to Vegas from Houston and have only a few songs on my tablet.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Spotify > Pandora

Can do everything Pandora does while also allowing playlists. Also hooks up with SoundHound so when you hear a song you like you can use SoundHound to add it right to your spotify list. From there you can also see your friends Spotify playlists and get ideas or follow what they are listening too.

now /thread

Last edited:

MFE

Established Member
Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers (formerly singer of the Refreshments with band members of the Refreshments and Dead Hot Workshop) makes a good sountrack for Arizona, they're hometown boys

Torchy

Established Member
Duuude done this drive 3 times. Don't depend on having service!!!! Download some music because there is going to be hours at a time where you literally do not have a phone/service.

Hit me up when your in Vegas.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Get Sirius satellite radio. If you have to drive much at all it will pay for itself. I've got it in all my cars, and only listen to fm if there is severe weather moving in.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Duuude done this drive 3 times. Don't depend on having service!!!! Download some music because there is going to be hours at a time where you literally do not have a phone/service.

Hit me up when your in Vegas.

Will do. I'm Rich btw.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Get Sirius satellite radio. If you have to drive much at all it will pay for itself. I've got it in all my cars, and only listen to fm if there is severe weather moving in.

Already have it, but I figured it'd be a good time to sample new music.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers (formerly singer of the Refreshments with band members of the Refreshments and Dead Hot Workshop) makes a good sountrack for Arizona, they're hometown boys

The Refreshments are one of my favorite bands. Searching right now.

nxhappy

Established Member
jebus chris, how long is that drive?

and why are you not flying? lol

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Already have it, but I figured it'd be a good time to sample new music.

That makes sense, I listen to about everything on satellite (depending on my mood). It makes driving all around the state to keep up computers and networks in terminals all across Kansas much more relaxing and the 7-8hr drive to my sister's (west of Denver) and leaving early after she and my mom bump heads. I have a 32gb card loaded in my headunit with all my CDs and dozens more in mp3 format, but I don't use it except if I want to play a specific song right then. In the past two years I've used it twice.
Even though there are commercials on the talk stations they can be pretty entertaining. If you haven't listened to them you might enjoy them. Radio classics is all replays of radio dramas. Comedy stations and road dog are good as well. Mine is usually on 80's, radio margaritaville, bpm, bb kings bluesville, or patriot.
In August of 12 my girlfriend at the time and I drove down to Houston to see Kenney Chesney and Tim McGraw's brothers if son tour. 9.45hrs each way, I drove but since we took her car she controlled the the radio. After an hour or two of prime country she changed it to the payboy channel and teased me until we got a hotel in Morre, Ok.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pandora FTW! LOL. Only song service I now use after trying a few others. I have the paid version ($36. a year).

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
jebus chris, how long is that drive?

and why are you not flying? lol

1,445 miles.

I really need a few days road trip to relax. There's some places like Phoenix and Route 66 I've always wanted to visit. Besides, I don't want to be just a spectator at the 50th celebration.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I've found that listening to some easier dubstep or chillstep actually pair pretty good with longer road trips.

1hot281

Established Member
I like listening to weird music when driving long distances. I usually pick a decade or theme, and just roll with it. 50's/Golden oldies... Sinatra... 80's hits.

Torchy

Established Member
1,445 miles.

I really need a few days road trip to relax. There's some places like Phoenix and Route 66 I've always wanted to visit. Besides, I don't want to be just a spectator at the 50th celebration.

Stop in Flagstaff if you get a chance. That city is a lot different than the rest of the whole state. Nice area

It's like Austin is to Texas... but without the weird:p

Users who are viewing this thread