Dropped my Red/white stripes with FRPP springs

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
......Installed frpp springs M-5300-L only on my 08 GT500. Wow, should have come like this from the factory. Not too low, ride is still comfortable. body roll is decreased considerably. Wheel hop is gone completely.

Interesting note: Ford Racing tech hotline said NOT to expect any rear axle adjustment, rear axle should not move towards the driver side for any reason.
Local Ford service dept agreed with frpp tech etc. However, the techs at the speed shop all seem to think that it is common knowledge that any lowered mustang could possibly change the geometry of the suspension and cause this to happen. It does. rear axle adjusted slightly towards driver about 1/4 inch.

Just wanted to confirm and post myself for those of you on the fence about the spring install etc.

Lastly, I chose the BMR adjustable panhard rod(approx 190.00) to re-align rear axle. Some may think its unnessasry, but as I undertand it, its needed to insure proper aligment, and its a simple install, 15 minutes or less.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Great look! That is probably what I will do. FRPP springs, and maybe the adj Panhard if the axle shift bugs me. No real racing for me, just would like to get rid of some of the roll.

BTW, what UCA/LCA's did you use? Are there good ones and bad ones? It seems everyone seems to offer them (including SPP).

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Many cars are 1/8 to inch to the driver side from the factory. I have adj panhard, FRPP spirings, upper, lower blah blah blah and Im still sitting about a 1/4 inch to the drivers side. Have not really tried to adjust it cause its not that big of a deal but I do notice it myself. FWIW

If you are completly stock check and see if you are over to the drivers side a tad.

6-Speed

Established Member
......Installed frpp springs M-5300-L only on my 08 GT500. Wow, should have come like this from the factory. Not too low, ride is still comfortable. body roll is decreased considerably. Wheel hop is gone completely.

Interesting note: Ford Racing tech hotline said NOT to expect any rear axle adjustment, rear axle should not move towards the driver side for any reason.
Local Ford service dept agreed with frpp tech etc. However, the techs at the speed shop all seem to think that it is common knowledge that any lowered mustang could possibly change the geometry of the suspension and cause this to happen. It does. rear axle adjusted slightly towards driver about 1/4 inch.

Just wanted to confirm and post myself for those of you on the fence about the spring install etc.

Lastly, I chose the BMR adjustable panhard rod(approx 190.00) to re-align rear axle. Some may think its unnessasry, but as I undertand it, its needed to insure proper aligment, and its a simple install, 15 minutes or less.
By design, the panhard bar based suspension will move the chassis in an arc pattern relative to the axle as the suspension height varies. This will occur regardless of how the height varies - whether it's getting in and out of the car, filling it up with gas or installing lowering springs. An adjustable panhard bar will allow you to re-center the axle after lowering but only at the height where the adjustment is made.

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
By design, the panhard bar based suspension will move the chassis in an arc pattern relative to the axle as the suspension height varies. This will occur regardless of how the height varies - whether it's getting in and out of the car, filling it up with gas or installing lowering springs. An adjustable panhard bar will allow you to re-center the axle after lowering but only at the height where the adjustment is made.

.....do you reccommend a adj panhard then?, or do you think I can do without it. Honestly the difference in the axle shift is minimal and barely noticable. I have no plans to race etc, just wanted to lower it for aesthetic reasons only.
......was considering the adj panhard because of concerns about long term alignment and/or suspension issues.

6-Speed

Established Member
.....do you reccommend a adj panhard then?, or do you think I can do without it. Honestly the difference in the axle shift is minimal and barely noticable. I have no plans to race etc, just wanted to lower it for aesthetic reasons only.
......was considering the adj panhard because of concerns about long term alignment and/or suspension issues.
If it's minimal and does not bother you then I would stick with the fixed length bar.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Wow, this thread got dug up!:banana:

Jut checking in,
I have been taking my car to a number of car shows.. 4 to be exact over the last month.. Out of those shows, I placed 2nd at 3 out of 4 shows!, in my class.I think the springs definately helped.

Still no problems with my springs after about a thousand miles.. And no uneven tire wear yet.

Blaine

Established Member
After reading all the complaints of popping noise in the suspension with the Eibachs and after reading this post. I'm gonna go with the FFRP Springs, BMR adj. Upper control arms, and the BMR Adj. Panhard bar. Why not? I found the Adj. BMR for under $100,and the Uppers run ya around another 120 or so.

Installation costs for the Springs+Upper Control Arm+Panhard Bar + new alignment will run you around 600-800+ depending on the shop. I'll usually pay a bit more for a more reliable shop. Had a bad bad experience years ago by going to the lowest bidder.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Many cars are 1/8 to inch to the driver side from the factory. I have adj panhard, FRPP spirings, upper, lower blah blah blah and Im still sitting about a 1/4 inch to the drivers side. Have not really tried to adjust it cause its not that big of a deal but I do notice it myself. FWIW

If you are completly stock check and see if you are over to the drivers side a tad.

I was aware of the shifted rear prior to receiving my '09. I checked my car when I first got it and it has it too. If I didn't read it on here, I would have never noticed it. However, if you want to put on some wider tires then I would think the shift would limit how wide you could go depending upon your rim offset. If you reach over the rear tires and check the clearance, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
After reading all the complaints of popping noise in the suspension with the Eibachs and after reading this post. I'm gonna go with the FFRP Springs, BMR adj. Upper control arms, and the BMR Adj. Panhard bar. Why not? I found the Adj. BMR for under $100,and the Uppers run ya around another 120 or so.

Installation costs for the Springs+Upper Control Arm+Panhard Bar + new alignment will run you around 600-800+ depending on the shop. I'll usually pay a bit more for a more reliable shop. Had a bad bad experience years ago by going to the lowest bidder.

I popped the bushings on the BMR upper, on my first visit to the track. Not sure if it has happened to others.
A good upper arm (at least so far) is the Evolution upper Arm. Call FRed at Evolution about the upper arm and tell them Chris Purvis sent you (The guy that broke the upper BMR).

I run Evo lower and uppers and they are definately quality pieces.

chuckstang

Established Member
I have tons of pics.. What exctly are you looking for Chuck?

I was just wondering if the first pic you posted was the only one with the stock springs?

Reason being, there were some pics you posted below the first one that I could not exactly tell?

Just curious, no bigggy

thanks

6-Speed

Established Member
I popped the bushings on the BMR upper, on my first visit to the track. Not sure if it has happened to others.
A good upper arm (at least so far) is the Evolution upper Arm. Call FRed at Evolution about the upper arm and tell them Chris Purvis sent you (The guy that broke the upper BMR).

I run Evo lower and uppers and they are definately quality pieces.
Some folks at TS had some issues with early BMR LCA bushings but I believe they have that issue resolved. Yours is the 1st UCA bushing failure I read about.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Some folks at TS had some issues with early BMR LCA bushings but I believe they have that issue resolved. Yours is the 1st UCA bushing failure I read about.

I've heard a few people having problems with BMR LCA's. I don't know if it was the early stuff or what. :shrug:

FWIW

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I was just wondering if the first pic you posted was the only one with the stock springs?

Reason being, there were some pics you posted below the first one that I could not exactly tell?

Just curious, no bigggy

thanks

first pic is the only stock pic

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member

I dont know anyone else either.
I popped it doing a burnout.:(

Users who are viewing this thread