Dropping motor out the bottom????

95PGTTech

Established Member
Through the top. Just go through the top.

Pulling the motor out the bottom of a car with out a lift is about as idiotic as attaching an engine hoist to the radiator support to lift the front of the car that high.

Last time I check the radiator support was called a radiator support cause its what ties the front frame rails together and support a radiator.

Its not called a frame support, or a frame rail. Its not designed to hold the weight of the car. If you get by with out bending the rad. support then more power to you but I am someone that uses items for what they are designed for. As for en egnine hoist, Ill use it to pull the engine. The radiator support, Ill go ahead and bolt my radiator to it.

Using an engine hoist to hold a car up by the radiator support. lol!!!
Why dont you start using a rim and tire for a seat, or maybe your stereo as a steering wheel. Well hell lets all start driving on the grass and parking in the lake since we dont use common sense anymore.

Ill be sure to post a "Sorry to hear" comment for ya'lls thread your family and friends post about you when your call falls on your head. :beer:

Each to their own. Not to say it hasent been done but safety is the game when dealing with that kind of stuff. 1 wrong move and death can happen. Its not like we are building a go cart here.

I've installed/removed more modular engines than times you've changed the oil on every car you've owned in your life, and I'm still here, without a single wrinkle or bend in any of those radiator supports. Go take some engineering classes and understand unibody construction and you'll realize why your post is so dumb I can't even respond to it because anything I say will go directly over your head. If you're still a pansy, my post gives alternate lifting locations. If you are lifting the front of the vehicle up and at any point any part of your body is under the vehicle for your one in a billion death scenario, you're not doing the method correctly and wasting energy and time.

And in our world, money. I'm glad you had success with your method working for your own enjoyment and love of modifying your car. When you practice and perfect the bottom method, you'll realize it's quite a bit easier and can save you a couple hours. A couple hours you could be on the next job earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread