Drove a Scuderia and Aventador

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Looks like you had a blast!

Lucky for me I'm near deaf so I wouldn't really hear him yelling anyway:D

m0ore4ustin391

Established Member
Nice driving and look like something I would be interested in doing when I head to Vegas next year. Thanks for sharing.

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
I would have asked for a refund the moment the instructor grabbed my hand on the steering wheel like he did there. If it were me, I would gladly pay double the price to have free reign of the car outside of the track without the micro-managing instructor!

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Looks like a lot of fun. The coach in the Aventador was kinda driving me nuts though. The guy in the Scuderia was much more relaxed it seemed. Seems like it would kind of take some of the fun out of it having the guy barking every little thing at you.

right ,left,acceleraate....STFU and let me drive is what i would have told the guy within the first minute...especially when u pay all that money..

Yup, it was annoying the shit out of me just watching, I can't imagine driving. That would be confusing as hell. Dude in the Lambo was just ridiculous. I've driven with an instructor before in my own car and it was good to get some short instructions, but he was never telling me what to do the whole time. Now if I'm coming in way too hot on every corner, I understand, but I don't need a guy telling me to turn left when the track goes to the left...

I would have asked for a refund the moment the instructor grabbed my hand on the steering wheel like he did there. If it were me, I would gladly pay double the price to have free reign of the car outside of the track without the micro-managing instructor!

Last time I went to Vegas I went there. Not really worth it IMO. They charge an arm and a leg and you get zero freedom. Plus it's over in minutes. The instructor I had wasn't as bad as this guy, but he was up there. Constantly talking and grabbed the wheel a couple of times. I've autocrossed and dragged for years plus I am 34 so I have decent driving skills. So uncalled for. One guy lectured me for revving the motor a little on the Murcielago I rented saying "You know how much these engines cost?" Such a douchebag! My wife was filming me trying to have a good time. Not so much here. :kaboom:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
As awesome as it would be, I hear a lot of these "exotic driving schools" take all the fun out of it. Disney here in Orlando just started one. From one blog I read, the instructor has basically a timing retard knob, and if he things you are driving a little to hard, he ups the knob. I would much rather rent a 2012 5.0, or C6, and beat the piss out of it on the street, and return it the next day with bald tires for 1/5th of the cost of 5 mini laps in an exotic.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That looks like a lot of fun. It would also be a good way to test drive an exotic car in a way you'd never be able to with a dealer vehicle.

If you're looking for more racing experience for a moderate price, I also recommend the drifting school at LVMS - you get a lot of seat time and solo driving, plus good skid / car control lessons.

16kOrBust

Established Member
That's awesome, man. Not many people will ever get to drive cars like those, nevermind have some fun with them on a road course regardless of whether there was an instructor there or not. If I had the money, I would do it in a heartbeat.

EVO32570

Established Member
Looks fun but I aint paying to drive a car and then having a instructor sitting there talking to me the whole time. Distracting

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
so much for that idea....

i was hoping they would turn me loose by myself. no way in hell i am gonna pay to have some wannabe racer tell me how to drive when i could turn faster laps in my Viper ACR than any of those cars or drivers....

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

i was hoping they would turn me loose by myself. no way in hell i am gonna pay to have some wannabe racer tell me how to drive when i could turn faster laps in my Viper ACR than any of those cars or drivers....

Yah, you're not the target audience FF. It sucks being the 1% :-D

06mustangsixer

CalloutsNOLA
Established Member

honestly I didn't really mind. I was to busy enjoying myself. plus I brought my dad out there with me and I've been trying to talk him into buying a f430 spider and this only aided to him wanting to buy one by the end of this year early next year. So it was worth it because I wanna drive that thing when he gets it :banana:

SVTContique

Im with everyone else, the instructor was annoying as hell, i would have driven into a brick wall to get him to shut the hell up. If he grabbed the steering wheel i would have asked for my money back, such a "Great experience" being essentially yelled at to do every little thing.

"turn left", No shit! I was going to turn right even though the course goes left... morons.

blacksrt

Established Member
lol, you guys are harsh..... They are just protecting their investments/lives. They don't know you nor do they know your driving ability. Would suck to lose a 300k car every 3rd or 4th $1200 track/car rental.

RARE5.0

RARE NOTCHBACK
Established Member
When i was in Vegas for sema last year i drove the 458 italia for 5 laps there what a AWESOME!!! Car music to your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread