Drove a Zo6 and a RT/10 Viper

crabby

got halfshafts?
Established Member
Test drove a Zo6 today and I'm suprised to say I really didnt like it at all. I found the shifter to be too far back where its kind of uncomfortable to shift and I wasnt impressed with the low end at all. The car just hates first gear and cant wait to get out of it, second and third gear is where you really see the power of the car, seems to me the real power is in the mid range and It does have plenty once it gets there. The clutch pedel is light as a feather which is nice compared to the cobra, but other then that I have no desire to get one. I'm glad I got it out of my system.

Now on the other hand a few days ago I drove a 2000 rt/10 viper and all I can say is HOLY S*IT! The car launches outta first like a rocket ship and has a friggin TON of low end torque. The handling is so tight its almost scary and the wow factor is off the charts. The dealer wouldnt make the deal I wanted so I let it go but if the right deal came my way I'd jump on it.

I'd take a cobra over a ZO6 anyday of the week, personal preference I guess.

:beer:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Was it an '03 Z06 you test drove? I drove one and it was awesome.

crabby

got halfshafts?
Established Member
Originally posted by unit213
Was it an '03 Z06 you test drove? I drove one and it was awesome.

Yes it was an 03, maybe the car wasnt broken in enough or maybe this particular car was bogging, but low end wasnt what I expected, mid range was fast as hell but I like getting pinned back in my seat a little more, just wish the cobra stopped locking me in the seatbelt when I do lol.

mlrny01

Established Member
Originally posted by crabbys_cobra
Yes it was an 03, maybe the car wasnt broken in enough or maybe this particular car was bogging, but low end wasnt what I expected, mid range was fast as hell but I like getting pinned back in my seat a little more, just wish the cobra stopped locking me in the seatbelt when I do lol.
LOL LOL the car is fighting back......

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The '03 Z-06 is a power beast but I just don't like the style of the car. The Viper is in a whole different class in my opinion. It is the King of the street. High 11s stock. Geez! :uh oh:

crabby

got halfshafts?
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
Were you still gonna keep the Cobra even if you got the Viper?

No I would of traded it there pretty expensive even used so I need to keep it down to 1 toy.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Damn. Z06 has a very nice look to it. But the Viper RT has a much better look & more balls.

But either way im still happy with the 03 Cobra ;-)

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
Originally posted by crabbys_cobra
Test drove a Zo6 today and I'm suprised to say I really didnt like it at all. I found the shifter to be too far back where its kind of uncomfortable to shift.

So you found the shifter to be whare its supposed to be. Not having to reach for 3rd and 5th gears. In any sports car, forget that all cars, the driver should never have to reach forward to the point his back comes away from the seat to shift the car. The Cobra/Mustang is a lot of things but ergonomicly correct is not one of them.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
The '03 Z-06 is a power beast but I just don't like the style of the car. The Viper is in a whole different class in my opinion. It is the King of the street. High 11s stock. Geez! :uh oh:

Agree with this.

Jimmylh

Established Member
I have never had the opportunity to drive either one. I've been drooling over Viper's since they came out but they are out of my price range unless I win the lottery. I could probably swing a Vette but they look like rolling wedges to me, especally convertables. The Viper is just plain sexy.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Re: Re: Drove a Zo6 and a RT/10 Viper

Originally posted by 03SLOBRA
So you found the shifter to be whare its supposed to be. Not having to reach for 3rd and 5th gears. In any sports car, forget that all cars, the driver should never have to reach forward to the point his back comes away from the seat to shift the car.

I am not the largest person at around 5'5" to 5'6" weighing in at a whopping 150 lbs. and my back never comes off the seat. That might be because my seat is up to reach the pedals. I guess everyone is very different. Fits me like a glove though. Maybe I should try a Z06 and see how it compares.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by Yates...Man
03BlackCoupe Your built like a college wrestler. Be careful not to break the shifter off!

LoL Your right its not fat but a wrestler could sure hand me my @ss. Never tried wrestling. I am a bit homophobic.

Users who are viewing this thread