Drunk Driver

Lugi 98 SVT

Established Member
Drunk Driver hit me last night.
Looking at a TON of money and time to fix.
Driver Door, Quarter Panel, Wheel,Driver Window, Rear side Window and mechanism,Convertible Mechanism, Rear Bumper, Paint. (Not sure about my rear suspension yet)
My 10 year old son was in the car with me. A couple more feet and we'd be in the Hospital or dead.
People are such assholes when they drink and drive. Especially trying to be Mario Andretti in a beat to shit Hyundai.
My son called the guy a jerk in front of the cop.

That was priceless

Stay tuned.....

94CobraPace

Established Member
That suxs to hear that.. The car can be fixed or replaced, you & your son cannot be replace.
Sorry to hear about the Cobra, sounds like it will take a lot to put back together, hope it all works out OK for you.

SNK BITN

Established Member
I woulda started leaning on that guy. I get really pissed when people drive like idiots with my son in the car :gt:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I don't think I would be able to post if it happened to me. Guy would have been having severe health problems if he hit me while my daughter was in the car.

Lugi 98 SVT

Established Member
If I was by myself I probably would've lost it on him. I didn't want my son to see that so I kept my cool and waited for the cops.
He got what he deserved anyway. He'll lose his license for sure, and his insurance company will most likely drop his sorry ass.
My first estimate just came in at 6,200 from a very reputable shop in my area.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Glad to hear you and your son are both fine. Sorry to hear your car isn't, but that can be fixed.

Does your neck or back suddenly hurt? Didn't you say that you had a traumatic seizure when you went to bed last night? ;-)

Seriously, that guy was an idiot. I still cannot fathom why people drive under the influence. :shrug:

chknhwk

Glad your sons ok! Good luck with the car.
All I have for spares is two wheels and the intake resonator. :D Don't think it would help, though...

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Sorry man, I know it suck having your car screwed up by a drunk driver. I lost my 91 lx hatch when I was at a stop light and the guy hit me at 45-50 mph totalled the car and now I have a titanium rod in my arm and screws holding my wrist together. Hoep everything woks out for you. glad to hear no-one was hurt.

Darbowmach1

Established Member
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Glad you and your son are ok. You can fix a car, cant fix a death in the family. There are alot of Fkup idiots in our area who think they can get away with driving drunk. Let me know if you want a take a spin w/my wheels since your Cobra will take awhile to fix. Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread