DSLR Pro's come on in

APMotorsports

Established Member
Those of you that make all these great photos; what camera are you using? I am looking to buy one, but I need to get something that's under $700 bucks that's not a piece of crap...Thanks!!!

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I got a Canon T2i and am really enjoying it. However, the expensive equipment does not make you a better photographer. You still have to have an eye for things.

That said - if you wanted to buy one - search for Canon's Loyalty Program. It is a great way to get a better price on some equipment.

Check out this thread (on a photography forum) for more info on the program.
Canon Digital Photography Forums

BTW - at $700, if you go the Canon route - you are probably about right to purchase the 50D with lens and still have a little to spare.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Most cameras will be the same regardless of what you buy especially for 700$. In DSLR the lenses are what is most important. Good lenses and post production is what will get you the great shots.

Just purchasing a DSLR is not going to get you great shots straight out of the camera.

For 700$ i would say look into the bottom the the barrel DSLR's and get some good lenses because you will be able to upgrade the body later and still use the same lenses.

Rebel for canon
and D60-90 for nikon.

T76 Mach

Established Member
Canon T2i if you ask me.Sold my Nikon for the T2i since it had the 1080 video built in.Two for one if you ask me.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I shoot Canon. I'm using an outdated body but with good glass it doesn't matter that much. As said before, when you get into a DSLR at the entry level good pictures are 90% skill, 10% equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread