Dual fan / aluminum shroud for Terminators

timbo3282

Established Member
Is anyone using something like this:

KGrHqNlEE2ETsMqzrBN98V3yVQ0_12.gif

If so where did you buy it and what do you think of it?

I am thinking of getting one here: 97-04 FORD MUSTANG ALUMINUM RADIATOR SHROUD MOUNT+FANS | eBay

It looks like it is thinner than the stock fan assembly and that it'd prob move more air too, but I am interested in the thoughts of folks out there that actually have one or one like it.

Thanks! :rockon:

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have NOT, but it looks like spal fans, I had something very similar on my foxbody. I would really make sure it's pulling atleast the same amount of cfm as the stocker. I think the fans on our cars are pretty good, yeah they take a crap once in awhile but what doesn't?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Shrouds look to be significantly cutting down on air flowing through the rad. and condensor cores when the fans aren't running by blocking so much of it off.

timbo3282

Established Member
Shrouds look to be significantly cutting down on air flowing through the rad. and condensor cores when the fans aren't running by blocking so much of it off.

Yeah it may well be.

BUT my fan just died today so I need to get something. Is the stock setup really the best option or is there an aftermarket fan setup that is better?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Lists it at 2200 cfm and I am thinking that is less than stock.

I am not really liking this particular fan choice.:nonono:

Right now the only fan I would consider doing myself would be a second gen 97-98 Lincoln Mark8 fan or another stock fan.

The Mark8 would be an upgrade and the stock fan you would at least know it is adequate.

Last edited:

timbo3282

Established Member
Lists it at 2200 cfm and I am thinking that is less than stock.

I am not really liking this particular fan choice.:nonono:

OK cool, I am not sold on that one but I need to replace my original fan - like today as the original one died on me.

I am OK with getting a stock replacement if I have to I just want to know what is the best option for a replacement fan?

Thanks

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
OK cool, I am not sold on that one but I need to replace my original fan - like today as the original one died on me.

I am OK with getting a stock replacement if I have to I just want to know what is the best option for a replacement fan?

Thanks

Mark8 fan conversion would be best CFM wise but will not be quick and easy.

(I edited my first post)

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I wish we could find a thinner fan that has the same CFM as the stock fan. With the truck setup it gets pretty tight up there.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member

Thanks
>> THIS <<

timbo3282

Established Member
I ordered an OEM fan from Tousley and got it today. I am surprised how complete the fan is - it comes with the fan motor, shroud, new fan blade all the wring, the resister thing - all you have to do is install it and plug in the one connector leading to it. No moving parts from the old piece or installing new parts on the old shroud.

And what a great deal - ordering from Tousley saved me $200!

Users who are viewing this thread