Dual Filters good?

invisiblefrisbe

Praying for the unborn
Established Member
Adding an MM K-member this winter and need to get an oil filter relocation kit. I was considering a large upgrade in this area with a new inlet adapter, oil radiator, and more, but I'm deciding to scale it back to just a relocation kit.

I'm currently eyeing the Trans-Dapt 1227 dual filter relocation kit for 22x1.5 threads (which I'm fairly sure is the proper size for our motors, if someone could confirm please). My question is really, are the dual filters worth it?

I occasionally auto-x and I haven't been to a road race event, but plan to next year, other than that I put about 5,000 miles on it a year driving it to work when the weather is nice or taking my wife out for a date in it.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I haven't read on here of anyone using that kit. I would assume that two filters would be able to catch more debris in the oil while providing less pressure drop. Filters do not filter all the oil that passes through them. The internal bypass let's the extra go by when it reaches a certain pressure.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Frisbe,

Sent you a PM. The Amsoil bypass filteration systems are the best on the market due to the nano fiber synthetic media used in their filters. You can't buy a better system.

I can help you select the proper system.

Users who are viewing this thread