Dumb Question For The Turbo Guys

MyLil'Pony

Stangoholic
Established Member
I don't know much about twin turbo systems on the 03-04 cobras. How do they compare in the 1/4 with the Kenne bell/Whipple? I was toying with the idea of going twin turbo instead of one of the upgraded twin screws and was wondering if it was worth the extra $$$$$$. I would imagine low end torque would suffer a bit, but once they get spinning it should get interesting ;-)
Can anyone with experience enlighten me please?
Thanks!

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Take whatever KB HP number @ whatever boost level and add 100-125 RWHP to it.

Spinning that hot mess of screws and oil on top of your motor steals that much power.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
My bud went from 10.7 @ 132 with a Whipple + Spray to 10.00 @ 141 with a Hellion single T-76 on the stock engine. Twin's make even more power. There are guys running mid 9's @ 143+. Just wait until some of these THP cars get going like mine and Postbans....it's going to be even better.

MyLil'Pony

Stangoholic
Established Member
WOW! that's very encouraging to hear.... I'll have to give this some serious thought now(not to mention sign my life and first born away) :smmon:

Last edited:

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
95YellowGTBeast said:
also turbos = less stress on the motor and better gas mileage! lol

Nick

How do turbos = less stress on the motor????

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
N S said:
How do turbos = less stress on the motor????
There is nothing driving them except exhaust. It takes over 100HP to spin a KB to 23+ psi. The fuel demands from a turbo are considerably lighter too.

TRBO VNM

badcobra said:
There is nothing driving them except exhaust. It takes over 100HP to spin a KB to 23+ psi. The fuel demands from a turbo are considerably lighter too.

+1 :beer:

I went from 200 miles per tank to 250 after the turbo install. I could probably get 300+ on highway.

Machnasty

Established Member
Damn I want a turbo sooooo bad. Maybe next year.

MachNasty
03 DSG Hybrid

Quiksilver98

This space for rent
Established Member
Sorry to highjack the thread, but does any of you guys know if you will pass emissions with a twin turbo kit?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Quiksilver98 said:
Sorry to highjack the thread, but does any of you guys know if you will pass emissions with a twin turbo kit?
Not in CA, that's for sure....unless you know someone. It's not of concern for me, we don't have emissions testing anymore in MN. One of few good things Jesse Ventura is credited with. :beer:

smashedheadcat

Established Member
The HP kit won't pass emissions either. It doesn't have cats, nor does it have a provison for the EGR valve. I guess you can make a few changes and probably get by. The inspectors will probably be so "in awe" about your badass twin turbo ride that they might pass you anyway.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Why are you saying that a Twin turbo setup will give you more power than a single turbo? I think a properly setup single will make just as much, if not more power than a twin setup (depending on where you put the turbo(s))... and you reduce all the plumbing by 1/2. Less money, less weight..

Last edited:

01MustangGT

CHP 5.1L Stroker & KB
Established Member
i want a Hellion turbo so bad too
man, i am saving up rite now
i was thinking using my credit card to get the kit then pay them back month by month :lol:

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
what's the Hellion kit run $$ wise anybody know? Also how is the TQ down low with a turbo?

Users who are viewing this thread