Dumbest thing you have ever done?!$!

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I was introduced to the "works" bomb when I was a kid (The Works toilet bowl cleaner in a 2 liter bottle....add tin foil, a cap and run, for those who missed out)

Well long story short I saved up bout 8 empty 2 liter bottles, and a friend of mine stole a brand new bottle of The Works toilet bowl cleaner from his mom! We spent several hours making them and setting them off all over the back yard while my parents were gone! There was a slight breeze that day!

Yup!.........The Works toilet bowl cleaner will kill your grass, and when it explodes from a 2 liter bottle on a slightly breezy day......the mist cloud will cover about a 10ft diameter area!

Started turning brown about 2 days later, and killed about 60% of the backyard withen a week!

Would have gotten away with it, but they found a few pieces of tin foil, and bottle parts that we missed, and the bombs were all over the news at the time from people blowing up mailboxes!:uh oh:

mkb116

Established Member
bouncer18 said:
sugar in the gas tank does **** some stuff up...

I'm gonna have to disagree there, I know the myth but mythbusters busted that one!! Haha

87Mustang5_0 said:
I seen that in Cops once. It was a 5.0 vs a Camaro lol.

It was pretty funny lol. He was going to make a right turn and they just started racing lol. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing when I read that.

Last edited:

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
orange_rush said:
try looking one up.

Even though A) I don't like reviving dead threads and B) don't acknowledge an option that was clearly a graphics package as a true "cobra" in the definition that a true "cobra" had some different drivetrain than other production mustangs, is because C) I love all 79 mustangs that I do thank you for pointing me to that registry. :beer:

It reminds me of the 67-68 Dan Gurney Special Cougars that had no vin decoding and were just some trim and hubcaps, yet guys go completely apesh1t when claiming thier undoccumented rust bucket Cougar has the "rare" Dan Gurney package. I realize our cars are special, and everyone wants thiers to be rare. But usually when you say "rare", what you really mean is "nobody wanted it when new."

So thank you for showing me something new today. :thumbsup:

orange_rush

Established Member
no prob. Most people have completely forgotten this era. there was a few cobra specific items about the car, like 3.45 gears and such, don't remember much anymore. shows up as a cobra in the vin as well. One day I'll get her back together. Have a good one......:beer:

9mpg79

Established Member
Don't forget the TRX package with the unobtainable michilin tires and the wheels that won't accept standard sizes.

Yellow 79 cobra.......first car way back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread