Dumbest thing you've done behind the wheel...

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
...that you'll admit to.

I took a chick for a ride in my Datsun Roadster, who I had just met at a party. The passenger seat was not bolted to the floor pans, and there were no seat belts (1982). The tires were old and hard and I managed to spin out in the twisties in Taylors, SC. Launched it through a ditch and into the woods backwards.

Someone happened by with a come-along and some cable and pulled the car out. Rear quarter panel behind the passenger seat had hit a small tree and mashed the fender against the tire. I drove it home like that at midnight with the rear tire scraping the fender and the chick twitching in the front seat.

Then about a mile down the road the tire blew out with a BOOM. She screamed and nearly had a seizure. I stopped, jacked it up, put the slightly skinnier spare on, and proceeded home.

The chick actually went out with me again.

1969Datsun2000.jpg

Last edited:

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Quaaludes. Mowed down a couple traffic signs with my 74 F100.
I busted tires at the Sears Auto Center in high school. One of my co-workers came in loaded up on 'ludes one afternoon. He was creeping in with a customer's car and trying to turn into the bay, but kept over shooting the bay (at .05 mph) and running into the vertical steel girder between the bays. BONK. lol
I'd wave him back so he could start over. He'd pull back in. BONK

Yea, he got fired that day. lol

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I had just gotten a new used Pontiac Trans am and I was only 18.
I was out on a date with this girl I had met a couple of days earlier and this light kept coming on and off on my dashboard. I couldn’t tell what it was and my girl kept asking me what was wrong with the car. Over and over she wouldn’t let it go. While I was driving very slow I kept putting my face closer and closer to the dashboard to see what the light was for.
After about a second or two my head got stuck in the steering wheel and I could not pull it out. I started to ****ing panic and I was driving like that for a couple of seconds and I couldn’t get it out. We crashed into a telephone pole going about 10 miles an hour and I hurt my head just a little. This ****ing chick was screaming at me after I had just gotten hurt.

The cops showed up and when I explain to them what happened they could not believe it and were all laughing at me. I had to call my parents and get a ride home as the car had to be towed but the damage wasn’t all that bad because I was going so slow. I guess I had too much hair gel in my hair and it made my head to slick. Needless to say I dumped that **** right away because it was her fault but man was my dad pissed at me.

nxhappy

Established Member
friends would lay in the bed of my truck as I did donuts around the light poles in the parking lot lol ....and a shit load of street racing

MG0h3

Established Member
Where do I start:

High school: rebuilt the engine in my friends toyota celica. Couple months later we were partying late and needed more firewood for a bonfire. After cutting some downed trees up and loading them in the hatchback I jumped in the drivers seat and made it about 200m fish tailing before going hood first into a telephone pole. On his parents property so no legal trouble but we both smoked our heads on the windshield and the front end was trashed. I had rebuilt the engine for free so we called it a wash.

Same year playing monster truck in my buddies 78 bronco and we were running over an old lawn mower. I got in and managed to back into a brick utility building on their property. Knocked two walls down, ruined bumper and cracked the fiberglass half top. Bought him a new bumper and we used bondo on the rest.

Launched my 83 GT into a field off a 90* turn. There were three 90s about 1 Mile apart and I thought I'd gone through them all before going WOT. Seriously lucky there. No damage and just drive through the field and got back in the road.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Back in highschool there was a long patch of dirt that was as long and wide as the road we drive on next to it. My buddy and I always screwed around and would go from driving on the road to driving on the dirt and fish tailing on it doing 40mph(we did this almost every day) I drove a ranger and he drove an old f250. We never had any issues but I guess other students saw what we were doing and wanted to get in on it. Well, another kid tried it in his Tahoe and he ended up fishing tailing real bad and hit a dip in the dirt and rolled his Tahoe twice. He wasn't injured but truck was totaled. I was pretty lucky that it wasn't me.

cbj5259

Established Member
I had just gotten a new used Pontiac Trans am and I was only 18.
I was out on a date with this girl I had met a couple of days earlier and this light kept coming on and off on my dashboard. I couldn’t tell what it was and my girl kept asking me what was wrong with the car. Over and over she wouldn’t let it go. While I was driving very slow I kept putting my face closer and closer to the dashboard to see what the light was for.
After about a second or two my head got stuck in the steering wheel and I could not pull it out. I started to ****ing panic and I was driving like that for a couple of seconds and I couldn’t get it out. We crashed into a telephone pole going about 10 miles an hour and I hurt my head just a little. This ****ing chick was screaming at me after I had just gotten hurt.

The cops showed up and when I explain to them what happened they could not believe it and were all laughing at me. I had to call my parents and get a ride home as the car had to be towed but the damage wasn’t all that bad because I was going so slow. I guess I had too much hair gel in my hair and it made my head to slick. Needless to say I dumped that **** right away because it was her fault but man was my dad pissed at me.
This will be hard to top. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
So I was stupid in high school.......

We would have a line of cars going to parties. I used to drive into the ditch in certain areas and try to maintain the same speed as everyone else. This resulted in several spin outs and a few damaged mailboxes.

A friend of mine and I used to try and get chased by other cars. On two lane roads I would stop and hold my hand out of the window. The oncoming car, probably thinking we needed help or directions, would stop. I would ask some stupid question and my friend would throw eggs or a drink on thier car and we would burn off. One time he hooked a drink out the passenger window and across the roadway and perfectly crashed it on the windshield of a UPS truck. That crazy ass UPS guy gave us a little chase, but wasn't hard to lose.

We used to play trash can bowling. We knew the trash days of different neighborhoods around town and the night before, when people typically set thier trash cans on the street, we would get to work. The object was to drive up and hit the garbage can and make it hit either the mailbox or the trash can next to it. We terrorized a lot of places with this. And the sound of a plastic trash can being dragged under a car at night will wake the dead.

One time some guy had just set his trash can out at the end of the driveway. The road I was on was pretty straight so I had a good look. I slowed a little to get the timing right. He took no more than three steps away after putting out the trash can and BAM! I nailed that sucker and exploded trash allover the place. We were laughing so hard I don't know how I didn't wreck it.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I put my 89 LX 5.0 coupe into a telephone pole sideways. Was playing around on a twisty roads, grabbed 3rd gear and the tires broke lose as I was coming around a corner. The car skipped sideways across the street and hit a telephone pole right behind the driver's side quarter window. I remember seeing the drver's side rear wheel roll by me, with the drum brake and a piece of axle still attached.
I was not a happy camper.
Managed to fix it "like new" with my father and drove it for another year or so before I sold it.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
So I was stupid in high school.......

We would have a line of cars going to parties. I used to drive into the ditch in certain areas and try to maintain the same speed as everyone else. This resulted in several spin outs and a few damaged mailboxes.

A friend of mine and I used to try and get chased by other cars. On two lane roads I would stop and hold my hand out of the window. The oncoming car, probably thinking we needed help or directions, would stop. I would ask some stupid question and my friend would throw eggs or a drink on thier car and we would burn off. One time he hooked a drink out the passenger window and across the roadway and perfectly crashed it on the windshield of a UPS truck. That crazy ass UPS guy gave us a little chase, but wasn't hard to lose.

We used to play trash can bowling. We knew the trash days of different neighborhoods around town and the night before, when people typically set thier trash cans on the street, we would get to work. The object was to drive up and hit the garbage can and make it hit either the mailbox or the trash can next to it. We terrorized a lot of places with this. And the sound of a plastic trash can being dragged under a car at night will wake the dead.

One time some guy had just set his trash can out at the end of the driveway. The road I was on was pretty straight so I had a good look. I slowed a little to get the timing right. He took no more than three steps away after putting out the trash can and BAM! I nailed that sucker and exploded trash allover the place. We were laughing so hard I don't know how I didn't wreck it.
Do that to me and I would find where you live and slash your tires and when you got a new set. I'd slash those too. Obviously you're just being young and dumb but man than sh*t pisses me off lol.

Rct851

Established Member
Shifted 2nd to 3rd on a cold wet street. Spun it around. Tried to keep it off the curb but failed. Back over the curb a bit, tore the wheels up.

When I went back the next day I realized I came to a stop right between a fire hydrant and a sign pole.

Its a little embarrassing but I got to learn a very expensive lesson for relatively cheap.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Set the cruise at 80 and went over to the passenger side.

I remember reading something online about an older gentleman driving his Winnebago on an interested somewhere. He set the cruise control, then got up and walked out back to make breakfast.

Was that you?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I remember reading something online about an older gentleman driving his Winnebago on an interested somewhere. He set the cruise control, then got up and walked out back to make breakfast.

Was that you?
Lol, now that is ballsy. I was an arm length away from the wheel, so no it wasn't me.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

VegasMichael

Established Member
Mashing the pedal to the floor in my new Buick GN while making a left turn. The curb survived. The tire and wheel did not.

Passed a guy on a highway shoulder in the above said car with an abandoned car right in my sights on same shoulder. Barely made it. Glad I'm not 22 anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread