Dynatec long tubes and catted hi-flox X pipe

GT500662

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399333269.444766.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399333283.922213.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399333298.394034.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399333316.913368.jpg

Plan on leaving the factory axel back until I see how this sounds, out of fear of being too loud. Anybody else running this or similar set up to this on your 2013/14 Shelby?

Last edited:

GT500662

Established Member
Wow, I should never try typing without my glasses on again... Spelling is very bad...lol

GT500662

Established Member
1 7/8 in. Not sure on the merge. A friend of mine works for Dynatech/ AFCO racing. He handled getting it for me.
I'm anxious to hear what this will sound like. May end up with kooks axle backs in the future. But want to make sure this isn't too loud first!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
1 7/8 in. Not sure on the merge. A friend of mine works for Dynatech/ AFCO racing. He handled getting it for me.
I'm anxious to hear what this will sound like. May end up with kooks axle backs in the future. But want to make sure this isn't too loud first!

Collectors are 3"

GT500662

Established Member
Thanks, was thinking 3in. But wasn't 100% so I went with not sure. Do you think I'll need a tune being that I'm going with the catted X?

GT500662

Established Member
It's a hi flow catted X pipe...not supposed to trigger the o2 sensors, just wondering if I'll need the tune to make it run correctly or not. I understand if it were cat less that it would need a tune to get around that

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
I misread that, mental note to not read posts prior to coffee consumption. To get the most out of the header installation you should get the tune, you don't necessarily have to but why wouldn't you!

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
Thanks, was thinking 3in. But wasn't 100% so I went with not sure. Do you think I'll need a tune being that I'm going with the catted X?

Yes you will need a tune since you are moving the wideband O2 sensors so much farther from the engine. The tuner will need to do slight tweaks or you will get a check engine light

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It's a hi flow catted X pipe...not supposed to trigger the o2 sensors, just wondering if I'll need the tune to make it run correctly or not. I understand if it were cat less that it would need a tune to get around that
Had to turn off my 02 sensors on my 11 with Kooks X pipe & high flow cats.
( will be replacing the X pipe with what Kooks calls a " green catted X pipe " ) " ◦
" 49 State EPA Legal
◦No Check Engine Lights Or Tuning Required "

olaosunt

Established Member
Had to turn off my 02 sensors on my 11 with Kooks X pipe & high flow cats.
( will be replacing the X pipe with what Kooks calls a " green catted X pipe " ) " ◦
" 49 State EPA Legal
◦No Check Engine Lights Or Tuning Required "
I have the same set up on my Shelby.
Dynatech did the testing of the new cats on my car after the older style ones kept melting.
So far so good.
It sounds great but was a tad too loud for me so I swapped on the GT over axle pipes and now it sounds just right.
The x pipe with the previous cats were too raspy for me so I made a shorty H pipe with the stock piece and it was great.The new cats are bigger so it sounds better although still a little raspy.I have been pleading with Richard( great guy-I got the same headers on my 5.0 including installation free, when he tested the same cats on that car)who designs the headers/ cats to make an H pipe .

GT500662

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400458432.207294.jpg passenger sideImageUploadedByTapatalk1400458460.831947.jpg drivers sideImageUploadedByTapatalk1400458481.738632.jpg

Install done on the long tubes and catted X, I love the sound, and very noticeable difference in power and throttle response.

ThomasL

Established Member
Hot damn that looks nice. I too am going with the Dynatec long tubes but off road X. Can you say loud? lol

GT500662

Established Member
Got it back home after picking it up...put it on the lift....looked at it and had to leave. May be a week or even 2 before I get a chance to do a vid. Due to my crazy schedule....wish I had more time to get some good feedback for you all. I will do something as soon I can! All I can say so far, the power is responsive and very good. Sound is AMAZING....I'm glad I did decide to stay with the OEM axle back. I think it sounds just right to me.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Long tubes with OR mids still sound good if you leave the stock axlebacks on, if you switch those too then it gets loud as hell. Look forward to vids.

Vegasgold

Established Member
Looks good and clean. Does Dynatech make a H pipe? I could not find any. I too am interested in long tubes but, with an H pipe. Not sure with cats or not. I remember many posts regarding the stock cats are the best and other companies were having problems meeting their standards or something to that effect.

Users who are viewing this thread