Dyno Day Results

Cobra_03

If it dont go, chrome it.
Established Member
I would like to thank everyone for coming up to Bellingham this weekend. I know the guys at MPS were very happy to see a turnout like you guys had this weekend!
It was my first dyno day and first time on a dyno! I was very impressive to see that many BadA** Fords in one parking lot! It would be cool to see this as a recurring event for you guys! Nice Cars Guys!!! good talking to svtrick and oxfordsnake. Great group of guys! -Todd B.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Here are a few of my shots.

dynoday018iu.jpg

dynoday025pv.jpg

dynoday039ma.jpg

ONEbadmachONE

Redirect NOS to air vent!
Established Member
K all I can say is wow that was awesome!

Hey guys I for one had a great time and loved drooling on all the fine Fords! I loved the dyno place, I have been to a couple before and was disappointed, I think it should be our official dyno place from now on! Yeah its in Bellingham but I thought the drive was part of the fun. It's too bad I bought other stuff instead of the predator or I could have done a better run :cryying: . Anyway thanks to the guy with the GT (Sorry forgot your name :shrug: ) for helpin me pop off that pain in the butt air silencer (10 second job...WHATEVER!). My car sounds more growly now and burns even more rubber when I slam it into second. I dont know if its the silencer or the exhaust getting nice and hot that did it but I LIKE IT! :pepper: Thanks also to the guy with the black cobra (sorry forgot your name too :shrug: I feel like I have short term memory loss right now) for that sweet road race we had goin there. That was fun! Count me in anytime. The gravel did kinda suck, especially after I lit the tires at the light right before and then the gravel started stickin and slingin big time when I hit the gravel (cringe). Can't wait for the next run up there!
P.S. Wiz and I will be working on a video combining our two into one edited one. If you guys are interested we could probably work out spreading the final result around. I think we got most everybody on the dyno and I got some of the trip up.
P.S. #2 Dave you better lock that stang up good, cuz them stingers might find their way out from under your car and onto mine! j/k They sounded awesome man!
Jesse

Last edited:

Joe5.0

Established Member
ChuckysSVT said:
My son took tons of pics....mostly of the ground... :dw: Ohh well hes 8... :shrug:

Haha thats funny. Yea i usually am the video guy, but camera is toast. Lets get the vids up!

mustangmaniac4l

Grand Poobah SVT Poster
Established Member
Sounds like everyone had a blast! I would have too! I had some issues w/ the PMS. Not sure what happened? I think I might have accidently hit one of the keys while I had the hand held between my legs. I looked at the fuel and it was saying 1% while cruising at 60! :eek: When I pulled over and looked at the settings. Everything that was set in was gone from what I programmed the day before. Then I was going to reprogram the info from the start up sheet but realized I left it at HOME!!! :shrug: So I diconnected the PMS, drove home (very slowly I might add) and hooked up the PMS, loaded the info from the start up sheet and it's been running fine ever since. No issues at all. So I'm guessing I pressed one of the buttons by accident? Anyway, hopefully next time. I'm going to try to get to a dyno sometime this weekend if possible? I want to see what my mods have done for me.

Rob

mustangmaniac4l

Grand Poobah SVT Poster
Established Member
That's the only problem I had and it was my fault. It's easy as shit to use. Add fuel, timing, back out the timing. All w/ just the press of a button. Do that or burn a chip? I'll stick w/ what I've got right now. When it starts to be a pain in the ass. Then maybe I'll get rid of it. So far so good! :thumbsup:

Joe5.0

Established Member
Right now we are running Lean. 14.0 at higher Rpms. if we went to say 11.8 is that safe and will we gain or lose hp/tq from a custom tune?

mustangmaniac4l

Grand Poobah SVT Poster
Established Member
mean saleen said:
Right now we are running Lean. 14.0 at higher Rpms. if we went to say 11.8 is that safe and will we gain or lose hp/tq from a custom tune?

That's pretty close to 12:1 which is a pretty decent A/F ratio. I think most turners look for around 12.5:1? :shrug:

Rob

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
i think we need to do this again in the summer time but if we make along trip we need two groups 1 group for speeders and racers and 1 for the people who just got 224 dollar tickets and wanna play safe and easy

ONEbadmachONE

Redirect NOS to air vent!
Established Member
reply to Rick, it was a joke man sheesh! And I would rather not have wheel hop issues thanks! I will stick to the live axle. Dont get me wrong, I love the irs for cornering but I have seen too many shake themselves apart under heavy dragging with a bad driver. This could be why the 2007 Cobra will probably be going back to a live axle or so they say. We'll see. I wish they could just tighten it up a bit, but all the high power irs cars have this problem. MM&FF blew the back end out of a Viper by not letting up when dragging, it literally fell out of the car. Secondly, a reply to Chuck, yes I do have some vid of us doin 130 through bellingham, I will include as much as possible in our edited video that I am making with wizbangdoodle. My buddy got a bit shakey in parts so I dont know how much is usable. Keep in touch, [email protected]
Jesse

Users who are viewing this thread