Dyno Day Results

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Oh, I was hoping you knew that.....oh well. Anyways...12.5:1 is not "safe" for a blown or nitrous car, thats why 11.5-11.8 are the "safe" numbers. If I was at 12, I would want it down just a tad....

rick

Joe5.0

Established Member
ok well were doing 11.8. Are we gonna lose hp form a tune now? James site is sorta back up. Ive been talking to mike at Kem Performance (SCT Dealer)and he has chipped a couple saleens already.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
mean saleen said:
Right now we are running Lean. 14.0 at higher Rpms. if we went to say 11.8 is that safe and will we gain or lose hp/tq from a custom tune?

Being "lean" creates more torque. You definately want to be around 12:1 - 11:8-1. You can add a little timing if you have some good fuel. I am definately in need of some fuel down low.

Joe5.0

Established Member
So hp shouldt really be affected if we went to 11.8? adding more fuel is gonna require a new fuel pump i think. Which requires 42# inj and a 90mm Maf. Then if we do that its gonna want more air, 75mmtb and a 2.8 pulley lol. so if you do one, you do all thats what sucks with 2V's

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Mean Saleen, I would first ditch that suck arse blower plenum, that thing looks restrictive as hell. Remember that ALL positive displacement superchargers are VERY sensitive to inlet restrictions. Get rid of all these first and foremost. Call up Chicane and get one of their CNC'd plenums. That and a tune will freeup lots. I doubt you'll need much more fuel with the 1.6 on there. Save your pennies for a 2.3 whipple and start having some fun. Like breaking the 3650 and burning cast pistons. lol!

Last edited:

Joe5.0

Established Member
saleen09 said:
Mean Saleen, I would first ditch that suck arse blower plenum, that thing looks restrictive as hell. Remember that ALL positive displacement superchargers are VERY sensitive to inlet restrictions. Get rid of all these first and foremost. Call up Chicane and get one of their CNC'd plenums. That and a tune will freeup lots. I doubt you'll need much more fuel with the 1.6 on there. Save your pennies for a 2.3 whipple and start having some fun. Like breaking the 3650 and burning cast pistons. lol!

Haha up until "Breaking the 3650 and Burning Pstons" sounded good lol. Steimier actually ports the Inlet and the manifold for like 600$. and the 2.3 Whipple is actually a pin in the ass to swap onto the series IV intake. It requires a whole bunch of b.s and time. Its KB or nothin. But i personaly wanna see this tiny ass blower in the 400/400 range. i know it can be done, lots of $ or not i wanna see it. Thanx for the suggestions will lol. But breaking stuff would just lead to my dad selling the car and buying a cobra or a vette or some B.s. lol

C Weil

Established Member
Changing the A/F ratio will DEFINITELY affect your hp/tq numbers. I'm going to disagree with oxford snake, however- leaner is where you make the horsepower, which is why it's not safe. You'll make more torque having a fatter ratio, but it's a lot safer. You'll usually pick up some horses leaning an A/F out...to a point.

Mean, you definitely want to have the A/F put into the right spot. The 2V's are especially sensitive to lean mixtures combined with high cylinder pressures (ie, a supercharger in boost) as both promote higher combustion chamber temps, which can lead to detonation really fast. The 4V's handle it better because they can handle dynamic pressures better due to the design (but they can't really stand the hot temps caused by the lean mix), so you should be careful driving at WOT with that A/F. It's just WAY too lean. I'd imagine you see some detonating if the engine was pretty loaded, and that engine is going to pop like nothing if it does. Ask me how I know.

You may need a better pump, but you don't need 42# injectors. Even 36# is plenty big. If you really want to see 400rwhp, just buy a Kenne Belle. It'll make 400 at much lower boost and without any trouble, whereas the SIV probably never will. The Kenne Belle is a WAY better designed manifold, and it's slightly bigger, and even it won't make 400rwhp on a stock car. If it were me, that's what I would do. The MAF and TB won't really make you much power at all, especially for the money you spend comparatively. The porting will make some, but still not much, and it won't help the heating issue either. KB is the way to go.

Then just pop that sucker, I'll rebuild it, and you can up the boost to 14lbs! :)

Joe5.0

Established Member
Yes i understand completely. I need to get a tune Asap. The mainfold and inlet porting is 600$ That alone with a tune and pump will be 380RWhp. my buddie picked up 33rwhp from 90mm Maf, pump, tune and throttle body on his 02 SAleen. i know the Kb is a way better supercharger. But its 6K$ and i know i can get this blower to 400RWHp on a somewhat safe/ conservative tune at under 10Lbs of boost. If i had the money the kenne Bell would be on.

I have an LFP Heat Exchanger on the way, and will be getting some colder plugs (ngk tr6's for the time being. i agree with you Cweil 100%, but this blower can and will make 400RWhp. if i blow it up, then its Vt engine time.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Whatever a/f you end up with check your plugs. They tell the real story. I'd lean towards what will help your motor live long(rich). :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Marty98z

Established Member
:cryying: I need a 12 lb blower pulley....hehehe anyway i just need to hurry up and get a rear end and then go turbo....biiiiiiiiiiiiggggggg turbo (88+mm turbo on a 408 but hey) and then i can hang with you kenne bell bastards...j/k you guys are uber fast and i have a shit ton of respect for your cars.

Nate

mustangmaniac4l

Grand Poobah SVT Poster
Established Member
mean saleen said:
So hp shouldt really be affected if we went to 11.8? adding more fuel is gonna require a new fuel pump i think. Which requires 42# inj and a 90mm Maf. Then if we do that its gonna want more air, 75mmtb and a 2.8 pulley lol. so if you do one, you do all thats what sucks with 2V's

It just so happens I have a brand new Lightning 90mm MAF and FRPP (Ford Motorsport) 42# injectors lying around. Never used. Brand new in box! Opened only to verify contents. $129 for the MAF and $329 for the injectors. :thumbsup:

Rob

Last edited:

C Weil

Established Member
By the way, and this is mostly for mean, I had another day of dynoing today. Besides finding some issues for which I may pull the engine (I'll explain later, but it may not be necessary), the engine, completely untuned and rediculously rich, made...well, let's just say I can safely go Cobra hunting. :)

Marty- turbo is the way to go! A T88 would be pretty beefy!

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
C Weil said:
By the way, and this is mostly for mean, I had another day of dynoing today. Besides finding some issues for which I may pull the engine (I'll explain later, but it may not be necessary), the engine, completely untuned and rediculously rich, made...well, let's just say I can safely go Cobra hunting. :)

Marty- turbo is the way to go! A T88 would be pretty beefy!

Yeah but ya gotta get it to the ground.

C Weil

Established Member
I didn't say the T88 made sense on a street car, or would be better than something like a T76 or T70...I just said it was beefy!

Users who are viewing this thread