JLT 12" CAI
Denso 22's gapped at .032
60# Injectors
KB BAP (at approx. 30%)
MAFia (set at 2)
Magnaflow catback
Mac O/R Prochamber
LFP HE

Latest Dyno was 479 hp 478 tq. This was after a hour drive with about 20 min cool down. Weather was in the 80's with the humidity being in the 60's.
I've tried different thing swapping intakes,checked coil packs tried different spark plugs, all with no luck. The guy at the dyno said he has ported cobras with upper only putting down around 510 all day long. So to say the least I'm dissapointed. I thought maybe clutch slip but the clutch is new (stock one from ford) It was put in earlier this year and the car hasn't been driven much so I don't think it should be done yet, but I'm not positive on that. The car is getting full WOT. Car was rich up until around 4k which was fixed. but I was told it won't make anymore power either way. Here is my graph any insight would be appreciated. I'm just trying to get opinions from everyone.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
1) If your AFR was measured at the tailpipe you are running very rich. I would flatten that out to 12:1 across the board. That big dip is killing your numbers. That AFR looks horribile.

2) How hot was it in the shop?

3) How much timing? If you have 93 octane you will get best results with 22-23 degrees up top.

Fix those and you will be at 500 SAE easily....

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Yes A/F was measured at the drivers side tail pipe. I run sunoco 94. I'll have to look up the timing. I'm not sure about how hot it was in the shop exactly they did use a fan. But that day it was raining off and on so it was hot as hell out. My A/F was leaned out a bit 4k and below, after that dyno but It is still 11.8 up top as before. I havn't redynoed yet but it doesn't feel any stronger. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
White screen with database error owns me. Anyway Boost is at approx 15#'s on a hot day and like 16#'s on a cold night. I'm running a gatorback 76" belt. From what I can tell its pretty steady. I don't think a tighter belt can go on. I'm also running one 100mm idler, rest are stock.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
I don't think A/F is that bad. Would also question timing and ask what kind of tire and tire pressure you were using. Big tires and low air pressure can easily soak up 20 or 30 hp on dyno.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
I was at 22* of timing on 94 gas at the time of the dyno. I also used my CCW's 11" rim with Michelin Pilots size 18x30x335 on the back. I'm not positive on the tire pressure. Don't know if that has anything to do with the results.

Last edited:

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Those gonzo tires could easily eat up 20 or 30 hp-- takes a lot of power to overcome their inertia.

Can do a search here or modularfords.com to read posts on this issue.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Yeah could be. I've only heard of MT's being a problem on the dyno but anythings possible. I'm going to log some things with the predator and see where I'm at. I am working with the tuner to see if we can get it resolved. Thanks for the imput guys!

20-COBRA-03

Banned
I hope you get it fixed soon man, i dont think theres another cobra around with a setup like ours, i dont see many 2.76/2 setups. Check out my #'s as well... that was a 90 or so degree day on 93 octane with 20.5 deg. timing up top. I have my aggressive tune on now @ 22 deg. timing that i hope would make 545/550 in the cold. That would be awesome! :rockon:

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
haha damn now im jealous. I know I'll probably never reach those #'s. I just had it out and it was hitting 17#'s steadly felt better than it has lately since the cold weather. Hopefully a few more tweaks and I'll be set. Going to redyno with soon with stock rims/tires to see if that makes any difference. I know one thing I need BFG's again. I think those #'s you posted are very achieveable in this weather. Would be another ported eaton over 550. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread