Dyno numbers for my 2013

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
maybe i missed the reason, but why use 87. put 91+ in it. with 87 the car is CONSTANTLY fighting knock, and even though it can retard timing, i imagine after prolonged use it will wear the motor out faster. maybe not. just silly imho to buy a 30K mustang and then cheap out on fuel.

I don't street race, therefore I don't see the need to run 91 for regular use. Aside from that, my car is not a DD and it has nothing to do with being cheap on fuel. The car currently has 3600 miles on it...3000 or so which were logged using 91. Lastly, I don't think any of the tuners would be writing 87 tunes if there was a reliability issue. Did you see how safe the a/f was in the chart?

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I don't street race, therefore I don't see the need to run 91 for regular use. Aside from that, my car is not a DD and it has nothing to do with being cheap on fuel. The car currently has 3600 miles on it...3000 or so which were logged using 91. Lastly, I don't think any of the tuners would be writing 87 tunes if there was a reliability issue. Did you see how safe the a/f was in the chart?

for a guy using nitrous, your understanding of octane and its purpose in relation to detonation/knock and piston rings is alarming.

tuners write 87oct tunes for those who have no access to better fuel. and i think if you talked to any tuner they would recommend tuning on the best available fuel you can get.

you can have sex in one position because it works, and feels good. or you can use the kama sutra and have the best sex of your life and accomplish the same purpose.

its your car, but really 91+ is cheap insurance not to mention POWER. all dynos are different, i know that but i make about the same power. STOCK with just a 91 oct tune.

you should be making near 440whp.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
According to the track apps gauge in my car, the a/f was actually 11.9. The tailpipe wideband read one point higher. I also made another pull today using the Bama 91 race tune and the car made 6 more hp and 2 more tq for a best of 411 rwhp and 383 rwtq, with a/f remaining the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread