Dyno numbers for my 2013

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
I made some pulls on the dyno today with my Bama 87 octane street and 87 octane performance tunes. The tuner said that the numbers were low for a car with a full exhaust and CAI. BTW, the pulls were made in 5th gear on a DynoJet dyno. See video and chart below. Note: The blue graph is the 87P tune and the red is the 87S tune.

th_VID_20130711_102031_zps701961af.jpg

image_zps775567d3.jpg

125oh

Established Member
thats pretty well inline with mine . same dyno i think" justune right ? i had 410hp with boss intake no headers . he said mine was low also lol

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
There's your answer OP

I am using 87 octane because that's the tune that I will be running all of the time except for when I run nitrous, at which time I will be using a 91 octane nitrous tune. I'm not caught up on dyno numbers, but if there's more power left in the tune then I would like to have it (provided it can be had safely). If not then I am fine with what the car made today. The dyno tuner just got me to thinking when he told me that he typically sees 430-445 hp on 2011-2013 Mustangs with full exhaust systems and headers on 91 octane. Is there really a 25-40 hp difference between an 87 and 91 octane tune?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I am using 87 octane because that's the tune that I will be running all of the time except for when I run nitrous, at which time I will be using a 91 octane nitrous tune. I'm not caught up on dyno numbers, but if there's more power left in the tune then I would like to have it (provided it can be had safely). If not then I am fine with what the car made today. The dyno tuner just got me to thinking when he told me that he typically sees 430-445 hp on 2011-2013 Mustangs with full exhaust systems and headers on 91 octane. Is there really a 25-40 hp difference between an 87 and 91 octane tune?

Yes there is

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
thats pretty well inline with mine . same dyno i think" justune right ? i had 410hp with boss intake no headers . he said mine was low also lol

That's correct I went to Justune Tuning. BTW, I tested my nitrous system a couple of days ago...logged two 3rd gear hits. I am still waiting for Bama to review the logs and make adjustments to the tune. The tune definitely needs to be adjusted. The exhaust was popping like crazy...sounded like a mofo was shooting an uzi outside at 11:30 at night. I made the hits on one side of town and then got out of there before the police were called.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
400+ HP on 87 tells me his dyno numbers are inflated by at least 5-10%

The first three pulls were also 405 rwhp + or - .5 hp. What would the tuner have stood to gain by inflating the numbers on a tune that he didn't write? FYI, he didn't even have any equipment hooked up inside of my car until the very last pull and he only did so then because I asked him to log the car.

Last edited:

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Was you happy with justune? I'm filling my bottle tom and getting a tune sat .[/QUOTE

Yes, I was very pleased with the way he handled my car. I will be going back to make some nitrous pulls once I get my revised nitrous tune from Bama.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
maybe i missed the reason, but why use 87. put 91+ in it. with 87 the car is CONSTANTLY fighting knock, and even though it can retard timing, i imagine after prolonged use it will wear the motor out faster. maybe not. just silly imho to buy a 30K mustang and then cheap out on fuel.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
maybe i missed the reason, but why use 87. put 91+ in it. with 87 the car is CONSTANTLY fighting knock, and even though it can retard timing, i imagine after prolonged use it will wear the motor out faster. maybe not. just silly imho to buy a 30K mustang and then cheap out on fuel.

+1, the car was even designed to run on 91. It CAN run on 87, but only a fool would do so :D.

Users who are viewing this thread