Dyno Results For My 07 Shelby Gt500

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
1/4 mile 13.3 60 ft time 2.8 108 MPH

Wow.. definately not trying at all!!! You dont push it at LACR cuz you'll spin too much tire there huh?

Man.. that sucks.. with a 2.8 you can run 13.3 at LACR while with a 2.1 i can barely break 13.9 :-(

lukabrozi

SVT *****
Established Member
Bags of sand in a competition? Surely you jest.

As a former athlete, something like beginning a sprint race a week or 2 in advance would never cross my mind.

psyche'.....d

OUT!!!!!!!!????????

bluestreak89

Established Member
cobraCMDR said:
guys,

who gives a rats a$$? If the guy thinks he has over 530 rwhp then let him. Obviously the trend with just a tune is not towards those high numbers. The GT500 is a great car and I praise Ford for making it.

yeah I have only run a 12.7 so far so what? I don't powershift and I don't launch hard. My is full weight and it is a fat pig too. But I like my fat pig. You guys in here are so diluded with the GT500 it is rediculous. You are comparing a car setup by a race shop to my nearly stock terminator vert? What are you retarded? No crap it is over 2 seconds faster than my stock car.

A lot of you guys need to grow up and get a life. The GT500 is not some kind of beast that is infalible. HP/Dollar I'll take my slow terminator. My suggestion was for him to race the car and see how fast it is. With threads like this I see the GT500 turning into a dyno queen. Bragging about numbers. When it comes down to it is all about being fast. HP/TQ is a measurement system for power output. Who gives a crap if his numbers are off, race it and prove what you got.

I'm sure there are 5.0 notchback cars weighing 800 lbs less than our cars making 30% less power than the gt500 and running mid to low 11's. They cost 400 percent less than a GT500 too.

Um, why would you put ET's on your car if your not gonna launch hard? :poke: Doesnt that defeat the purpose? :shrug:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Rev Happy said:
So you guys get all bent out of shape because some newbie comes on here and post some abnormally high dyno numbers? Who cares... Some of you guys need another hobby.

I also love how people are quick to badmouth a good shop without even knowing all the facts.

the big deal was with ru trippen consitently saying his car had 530+ hp and he gained 100hp from a tune. the fact is, that was not the case. it was on a different dyno than what most are used to. and when compared to a more popular dyno it was shown that he did not have that much hp.

to further back our points on ru tripens comments the owner of the shop that did the original dyno pulls says this.
We have noticed in the past that our dyno reads high for cars making more than 500 and reads low for cars making less than 450HP when compared to dyno jet. Every Dyno is going to read different.

just like a lot of us were saying from the beginning. the stock dyno reading is low and the tuned dyno reading was high. whats so wrong with bringing the truth to light?

Fourcam330

Established Member
Rev Happy said:
So you guys get all bent out of shape because some newbie comes on here and post some abnormally high dyno numbers? Who cares... Some of you guys need another hobby.

I also love how people are quick to badmouth a good shop without even knowing all the facts. The Internet is such shit these days and is an easy way to give reputable shops a false bad name. Some random shop customer (who btw doesn't seem to be too educated into Mustangs IMHO) comes on here and you guys are quick to affiliate him with B&D and accuse him of being a so-called “employee” in disguise…LOL. Hey Andy, didn’t Brian hook you up with a bunch of Griggs parts for your car awhile back and basically setup a suspension for you? You disappoint me man. I don't refer people to shady businesses.

Brian is no joke. The guy has been in this Mustang business since the early 90s and has always been a pleasure to deal with personally. He’s one of those guys who knows what works and what doesn’t from years of experience and always takes the time to talk to the customer. The guy would run circles around 99% of you at the drag strip, on a road course, or wrenching on a Mustang. And I love all the new SOCAL shop groupies around these days who talk a big game and probably just got into mustangs with the purchase of their 03 Cobra :rollseyes

I also love the shops that walk around with an attitude now because they put some bolt-ons on a GT500 and made easy big horsepower. That one guy didn't even know how to read a dyno sheet. Make a first gen 4V Cobra go fast and then I’ll have some respect.

Mike. To be honest I didn't put it together until I read your post, for some reason that name never stuck in my head. Hence me PMing you for their number on quite a few occassions back in the day. :bash:
In all fairness I said I would apologize if he turned out to not be an employee and evidently he's not, so I'm sorry. However, the numbers on the car were high, and Brian provided a feasible explanation--so the witch hunt's officially over. If you browse this forum you'll also see that assclowns like John Hennessey (CarmelSRT) are posting under the guise of a non related user name trying to try and peddle their products.
For the record Brian/B&D are knowledgable, professional, and excellent to do business with, and their customer service is tier 1; I sourced a decent amount of my Griggs components there for a great price.

bubbrubb

Rev Happy said:
Dude, its the internet. ... Personally, I just don't think it's worth arguing with people on these forums anymore.
not to be a jackass, but isn't that almost what you're doing? You're giving ON D BIT a lecture about how not to argue on the intranets. You also brought back a thread from the grave :shrug:

Not that I don't agree with you, but everybody seemed to be over it. No reason to bring it back up just to get on a soap box.

Rev Happy

Established Member
VelociTT said:
not to be a jackass, but isn't that almost what you're doing? You're giving ON D BIT a lecture about how not to argue on the intranets. You also brought back a thread from the grave :shrug:

Not that I don't agree with you, but everybody seemed to be over it. No reason to bring it back up just to get on a soap box.

I felt that I was just stating my opinion. It just kind of bothers me when good shops get a bad rep from the internet. I'm not trying to lecture anyone here. From the grave? I just the saw the post yesterday for the first time honestly.

I can delete my posts if you feel it takes away from this thread. As I said earlier, I just saw some false information going around here and wanted to state my opinion.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Rev Happy said:
Dude, its the internet. Let the guy take his car to the track and realize that he's not making 500rwhp+ realistically. Personally, I just don't think it's worth arguing with people on these forums anymore. Expressing your opinion is fine, but not a full 9 pages of it. From his first post you could tell he was a bit clueless...just look at his screen name. I usually avoid getting involved with these posts but had to stick up for Brian on this one.

Andy, it's all good.

who cares where it is? its the internet so what? the guy posted his numbers and i said they were inflated. and the guy would not let it sleep. finally his own tuner agreed with many of us saying they are inflated.

it takes 2 to keep this thread up for 9+ pages, its not all me. if ru trippen did not want comments he should not have posted his results.:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread