Dyno Results For My 07 Shelby Gt500

IETZR1S

Established Member
Just stating facts

Hey everyone.

I am Brian, the owner of B and D racing and figured Id just put my two cents in. I just want to share some information. Hard facts, no BS. First of all I just want to add really quickly that the guys that quickly caught on that the dyno graph has seperate Y axis for Torque and HP and the lines do indeed cross at 5252, hats off. For the socalled GT500 experts over on the east coast making that common novice comment we hear all the time, thanks for the laughs. Really appreciate you accusing us of nothing short of criminal fraud with with your only evidence being the ignorant analyisis of the dyno sheet. Thanks yet again.

We would have liked to have posted sooner but being a milti million dollar shop with 30 cars in our lot getting worked on with various modifications leaves little free time. With our 16 year history in the efi mustang movement, having had multiple Covers, Feature Cars, and Tech articles in every major publication including, MM and FF, 5.0 Mag. Mustang Enthusiasts, Modified Mustangs, Hot Rod Magazine, Car Craft, Super Street, Race Pages, and I am sure I forgot a few. We let our reputation speak for itself.

If we tell a customer that a 2.6 Pully is really pushing it on 91 octane, especially on our load bearing dyno its because we know from experience and not some crap we read from an internet post from some guy who heard it from some other guy from SVT type of deal. Torque is what breaks rods, not HP for one and FYI rods break at torque peak or just before if they are especially weak for the application. This will occure on a load bearing dyno well before any unloaded dyno as the rods will be under the stress for almost twice as long. As accurate as someone doing it in 4th gear on the street I might add.

I am going to post the tabular data of the dyno pull and some screenshots showing the runs all on the same graphs. The bottom line is regardless of what HP the Dyno reads, it is reapetable to just a couple HP across the board. We have noticed in the past that our dyno reads high for cars making more than 500 and reads low for cars making less than 450HP when compared to dyno jet. Every Dyno is going to read different. As long as there is a before and after that shows a gain, readings are consistant, and you can load the dyno to the vehicle's weight to simulate road stresses; Thats all you need in the end when tuning.

Following posts will be screenshots

Last edited:

IETZR1S

Established Member
Overlays of HP. One before tune and 2 runs after the tune. Note how the lines are almost identical.
JEREMY.gif

Tabular Data of Dyno pull showing 5252 crossover of HP and TQ
JeremyDyno019.gif

JeremyDyno018.gif

JeremyDyno017.gif

JeremyDyno016.gif

JeremyDyno015.gif

JeremyDyno014.gif

JeremyDyno013.gif

JeremyDyno012.gif

JeremyDyno011.gif

JeremyDyno010.gif

JeremyDyno009.gif

JeremyDyno008.gif

JeremyDyno007.gif

IETZR1S

Established Member
Points of intrest.
1. It takes twice as long to do a pull on a loaded dyno as the data shows.
2. HP and TQ really do cross at 5252
3. Our Clayton dyno is consistant and here is our before and 2 runs with the after tune tracing each other.
4. We're done, Enough said, we will not reply so please dont bother posting asking for anything else from us.

PS R U TRIPIN does not work for for us although he has been a customer for years and we appreciate his support.

PPS R U TRIPIN, do you want to be the first GT500 in the 9's? Lets talk.

Fourcam330

Established Member
IETZR1S said:
Hey everyone.

I am Brian, the owner of B and D racing and figured Id just put my two cents in. I just want to share some information. Hard facts, no BS. First of all I just want to add really quickly that the guys that quickly caught on that the dyno graph has seperate Y axis for Torque and HP and the lines do indeed cross at 5252, hats off. For the socalled GT500 experts over on the east coast making that common novice comment we hear all the time, thanks for the laughs. Really appreciate you accusing us of nothing short of criminal fraud with with your only evidence being the ignorant analyisis of the dyno sheet. Thanks yet again.

We would have liked to have posted sooner but being a milti million dollar shop with 30 cars in our lot getting worked on with various modifications leaves little free time. With our 16 year history in the efi mustang movement, having had multiple Covers, Feature Cars, and Tech articles in every major publication including, MM and FF, 5.0 Mag. Mustang Enthusiasts, Modified Mustangs, Hot Rod Magazine, Car Craft, Super Street, Race Pages, and I am sure I forgot a few. We let our reputation speak for itself.

If we tell a customer that a 2.6 Pully is really pushing it on 91 octane, especially on our load bearing dyno its because we know from experience and not some crap we read from an internet post from some guy who heard it from some other guy from SVT type of deal. Torque is what breaks rods, not HP for one and FYI rods break at torque peak or just before if they are especially weak for the application. This will occure on a load bearing dyno well before any unloaded dyno as the rods will be under the stress for almost twice as long. As accurate as someone doing it in 4th gear on the street I might add.

I am going to post the tabular data of the dyno pull and some screenshots showing the runs all on the same graphs. The bottom line is regardless of what HP the Dyno reads, it is reapetable to just a couple HP across the board. We have noticed in the past that our dyno reads high for cars making more than 500 and reads low for cars making less than 450HP when compared to dyno jet. Every Dyno is going to read different. As long as there is a before and after that shows a gain, readings are consistant, and you can load the dyno to the vehicle's weight to simulate road stresses; Thats all you need in the end when tuning.

Following posts will be screenshots

I can't speak for everyone, but the only issue I've had with the clayton numbers so far are that they aren't what you'd see from a dynojet--490rwhp is right where he should be. As far as tuning goes, as you just stated, the clayton serves your purpose nicely--even if it does read a little high. :beer: Also I'm sure you're aware that manley and other rod manufacturers rate their rods in terms of HP/rpm not TQ.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
IETZR1S said:
Hey everyone.

I am Brian, the owner of B and D racing and figured Id just put my two cents in. I just want to share some information. Hard facts, no BS.

the only thing i question is the corralation from the clayton dyno to crank horsepower? i have been told that the clayton is a load bearing dyno. i was led to believe that load bearing dynos like the mustang dyno will show less power not more. so i have some questions, not about the results but about the different dynos and how they interpret info differently.

for clarification which dynos are load bearing dynojet, mustang, superflo, clayton?

load bearing meaning the computer interprets power lost through friction between drive wheels and the driving surface?

how do the different dynos differ in respect computing the percentage of crank horsepower(i know all cars will be slightly different in this case)?

the normal formula to finding crank power from dynos is generally 15% drivetrain loss, do you use this same figure for the clayton dyno results?

do you believe that with tune ru tripin engine is putting out 625 crank horsepower currently?

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Man, some people on here crack me up. Dynos are really only good for a getting a rough base tune set up. They vary greatly, even between the same make and model dyno. Dynos are most useful when you make changes within the same day on the same dyno (obviously without making changes to the dyno correction parameters and other programmable factors).

A 1/4 mile dragstrip is still the best way to determine how much power you are putting to the ground. It doesn't matter if someone can't drive, as long as they stay on the throttle for the whole pass. He could run a 16.5 @ 120 mph and we would still have a good idea of his true power/weight ratio. The determining factor is MPH, not ET as some of you apparently believe. ET simply shows a driver's (and, to some degree, a chassis') ability to use the power efficiently to get the car's ass down the track in the shortest amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluestreak89

Established Member
Jinxd4.6 said:
A 1/4 mile dragstrip is still the best way to determine how much power you are putting to the ground. It doesn't matter if someone can't drive, as long as they stay on the throttle for the whole pass. He could run a 16.5 @ 120 mph and we would still have a good idea of his true power/weight ratio. The determining factor is MPH, not ET as some of you apparently believe. ET simply shows a driver's (and, to some degree, a chassis') ability to use the power efficiently to get the car's ass down the track in the shortest amount of time.

:beer:

Take the car to the track. If it can trap 122+on stock tires with the owner driving, I will beleive the clayton dyno. Remember we are not talking about evan smith driving and have yet to see a 117 trap other than a mag so I would expect a lower initial trap at about 112-115 Who cares what kinda dyno said what? ISNT THE REASON WE DYNO TO TUNE AND ESTIMATE HOW FAST THE CAR WILL GO AND WHAT IT WILL BEAT? TAKE THAT MOFO TO THE TRACK AND THOSE QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED. I'm sick of all the load bearing this, mustang lower numbers that garbage. Run that sumbi!$$% down the track and see what's up.

Last edited:

bubbrubb

bluestreak89 said:
:beer:

Take the car to the track. If it can trap 122+on stock tires with the owner driving, I will beleive the clayton dyno. Remember we are not talking about evan smith driving and have yet to see a 117 trap other than a mag so I would expect a lower initial trap at about 112-115 Who cares what kinda dyno said what? ISNT THE REASON WE DYNO TO TUNE AND ESTIMATE HOW FAST THE CAR WILL GO AND WHAT IT WILL BEAT? TAKE THAT MOFO TO THE TRACK AND THOSE QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED. I'm sick of all the load bearing this, mustang lower numbers that garbage. Run that sumbi!$$% down the track and see what's up.
what about MD03SVT's vert times... imagine it being a coupe & the times/traps would be better than Evan Smith's maybe? :read:

bluestreak89

Established Member
VelociTT said:
what about MD03SVT's vert times... imagine it being a coupe & the times/traps would be better than Evan Smith's maybe? :read:

I doubt a coupe would run .3 faster than a vert, with same driver.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
I doubt a coupe would run .3 faster than a vert, with same driver.

you are assuming the md03svt could not improve on his one day at the track with a stock vert gt500. everyone from a pro driver to a novice can improve on times with thier car with same set up after only one day worth of seat time. look at ranger and the vettes he drives. look at evan smith and the 03 mustang svt. these two are not improving thier times in thier car because they are becoming better drivers but they are dialing in exactly what it takes to take thier car to the next level.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
guys,

who gives a rats a$$? If the guy thinks he has over 530 rwhp then let him. Obviously the trend with just a tune is not towards those high numbers. The GT500 is a great car and I praise Ford for making it.

yeah I have only run a 12.7 so far so what? I don't powershift and I don't launch hard. My is full weight and it is a fat pig too. But I like my fat pig. You guys in here are so diluded with the GT500 it is rediculous. You are comparing a car setup by a race shop to my nearly stock terminator vert? What are you retarded? No crap it is over 2 seconds faster than my stock car.

A lot of you guys need to grow up and get a life. The GT500 is not some kind of beast that is infalible. HP/Dollar I'll take my slow terminator. My suggestion was for him to race the car and see how fast it is. With threads like this I see the GT500 turning into a dyno queen. Bragging about numbers. When it comes down to it is all about being fast. HP/TQ is a measurement system for power output. Who gives a crap if his numbers are off, race it and prove what you got.

I'm sure there are 5.0 notchback cars weighing 800 lbs less than our cars making 30% less power than the gt500 and running mid to low 11's. They cost 400 percent less than a GT500 too.

Last edited:

MD03SVT

Established Member
FYI I ran 117.915mph 100% stock right down to the goodyears the same day (3runs total) that I ran my 12.56 @ 116.090mph the difference being that my 60`was better on the quicker (ET) run which means less finish line rpm so less mph.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
MD03SVT said:
FYI I ran 117.915mph 100% stock right down to the goodyears the same day (3runs total) that I ran my 12.56 @ 116.090mph the difference being that my 60`was better on the quicker (ET) run which means less finish line rpm so less mph.

Great time man. Congrats:beer: I like the color & top combo you have.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
so i went to the shop today... we are puttin 4.10's, a carbon driveshaft w/ loop, metco 2.6 pulley, and i believe BMR drag set up... and of course 100 octane pump gas and more to come....

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
hey i need CAI... anyone know where to get one... Better yet any venders want to hook me up w/ one... trying to get in the 9's need some help here from you people... NO NOS!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread