dyno #s

scotto

Established Member
Just had a ? about dyno #s. Would dynoing in December and then in May make a 30-40 hp difference? Temps are about 40 degrees higher and teh humidity is way up it was 89% when on the dyno. Anyway everything else was good the tune was dead on with A/F in the mid to high 11s all the way across teh board. Just wondering if this would be a normal thing?

Thanks for any help in advance

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Heat and humidity do make a difference. I would say if that December dyno was ideal and the one in May was way up there in humidity (and temps in the 90s) there could be a 15-25 hp difference for cars in the 430-475rwhp range. I'm not so certain about 30-40. Maybe in cars pushing over 500 to the rear wheels. FWIT, I dynoed once in July (humid and temps in the high 80s) and again in November (dry and about 48-50 degrees) back in 2003 and saw a 12rwhp difference (445rwhp and 457rwhp). No changes had been made to the tune or mods.

scotto

Established Member
CobraBob thanks for the response. My car is in the 600 hp range. And the temps and humidity are way up from the first time I dynoed. Considering all this do you think this would be possible to lose that kind of horsepower from the change in conditions

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread