Dyno/tune day @ Amazon tuning in SC...

Scarpino

Established Member
i'm hoping to make it but can't be sure right now, i will also have to get with you guys the closer it gets.

by the way hows that blower sound?????

Extremely louder....nothing like leaving the house in the morning before anyone's up and making her scream through the neighborhood. :nonono:

Hey Guy's ,
We all don't have to be there right @ 8 a/m as long as 2 of us get there.
Now with that said I am a early bird and so is Smacked_in_ATL,if the 2 of use get there on time the others like, Scarpino,bigwill306,01 Cobra,65X2 can take there time a little and stagger the event out .
If we all get there same exact same time , were all watching alot ( which isn't bad ) but if we stagger just a little might be better imo but just a suggestion.

Thats not a bad idea...but I think I still will want to show up pretty early. I would like to see some runs on the rack since I have never seen any before!:bored:

Alright, awesome! You know we are leaving pretty early! Who knows, I might have a new Cobra by the 27th!! Hahahaha.:coolman:

I just got my day off approved as well, so I hope this happens on the 27th.

:dw:...must be nice to have a money tree in the back yard! :lol1:

:rockon:...hope its on for this day as I have already scheduled for it!

so, does this mean $325 for an hr worth of tuning?

I was under the impression that it was $250 for tuning no matter how long he has to tune on it. So if he pulls your veichle up on the rack...and it takes him 4 days to tune it...it would still only cost $250.00 I would think that 325 an hour is a little on the steep side. I have checked pricing around my area and no-one is that exspensive!

Someone may have to confirm this.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
so, does this mean $325 for an hr worth of tuning?

if you are not an Amazon customer you will have to pay for a program.. we are selling our $175 life time revisions program for $125 for that day..

the $250 is a flat rate no matter how long Rick tunes on your vehicle instead of an hourly tuning rate of $250 per hour

we have decided to waive the dyno fee of $75 per hour for this event...

Scarpino

Established Member
if you are not an Amazon customer you will have to pay for a program.. we are selling our $175 life time revisions program for $125 for that day..

Pay for what program? A lifetime revision program?

Is this is a must?

Kind of confused...

Does this mean that anytime I want a new tune or to get alittle adjustment...I dont wont have to pay for it?

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
if you already have a hand held tuner but from someone other than Amazon you will have to pay for a program but once you pay for it any other time you come back for revisions on the dyno you will never pay for it again.. or if you request a revision via email you will never pay for that again..most other shops make you pay any time to have a change to your vehicle that needs a revision to the program..

a dyno tune is broken down into 3 areas.. the program,the tuners time and the dyno time..that is how we do it here..other shops might lump it all together.. once you pay for the program you will never pay for it again no matter what you add to the vehicle that your program needs revised for.. you only pay dyno and tuner time from that point on..and that is $250 per hour

this is a fair rate for a tuner with Rick's knowledge and experience

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
you will still need to buy a program for your tuning product whether it is a chip or a handheld tuner

the tuner fee is for all the datalogging that is done on the dyno and the program fee is for making the tune and giving you life time revisions...

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
Okay, let me get this straight. I am not a current Amazon customer. I have a Diablosport Predator. If I just want a 1 time tune, I can do that for $250 but if I want to be able to come back and get a re-tune for free, I will have to pay $250 + $125. Is this correct?

Scarpino

Established Member
Okay, let me get this straight. I am not a current Amazon customer. I have a Diablosport Predator. If I just want a 1 time tune, I can do that for $250 but if I want to be able to come back and get a re-tune for free, I will have to pay $250 + $125. Is this correct?

I dont think so. I think Amazon is saying that you will need to pay 125 for the datalogging and such, then the 250 for the tune. Then you can get revised email programs for free for life. Bu the 125 will be a 1 time charge.

So expect 375 for a tune.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
$125 for a life time revisions tune that we usually sell for $175
$250 tuning fee and dyno time

once you become an Amazon tuning customer you will never pay for another revision to your program no matter what you add to your vehicle...as long as you stay with Amazon as your tuner..if you allow another tuner to revise it it will void the policy

if you want it redyno tuned you will pay $250 per hour for datalogging and dyno time but never for revisions to the program..that is why our present customers will only pay $250 when they come to this event..

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Ok folks,
Lets assume dyno/tune day on the 27th works out we need to have a list of participants and a order to go in when we arrive.

I will use the order in which a few have committed earlier in thread so far,

#1 Scarpino = for sure
#2 chopps = for sure
#3 01 Cobra = for sure I think :)
#4 Smacked_in_ATL = for sure
and so on

If anyone else wants to commit now is the time and get in line for where you will run.
Just want to establish who for sure is going and where they dyno in line of all of us.
Realize if your are tuning , it will take longer than just a quick 3 dyno pulls so faster you get you name down faster you get it done that day.
There could be alot of people there and I want to get w/ rick and make sure that we get all of ours done 1st considering we are setting it up here.
If any problems with above post up.

Scarpino

Established Member
Ok folks,
Lets assume dyno/tune day on the 27th works out we need to have a list of participants and a order to go in when we arrive.

I will use the order in which a few have committed earlier in thread so far,

#1 Scarpino = for sure
#2 chopps = for sure
#3 01 Cobra = for sure I think :)
#4 Smacked_in_ATL = for sure
and so on

DeiselNuts, Bigwill306....you guys down?
There's also another person on another forum interested ingoing as well.
This is being held on a Saterday, I didnt think amazon was open to the public on the weekends except for a scheduled event?

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
This is being held on a Saterday, I didnt think amazon was open to the public on the weekends except for a scheduled event?

Maybe not I am not sure really. Just wanted to get a schedule we can go by :)

List updated below

#1 Scarpino = tune for sure
#2 chopps = adjust tune for sure
#3 TqMnster
#4 01 Cobra
#5 Smacked_in_ATL = dyno for sure
and so on

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member

yesir, I'm game.

#3 TqMnster
#4 01 Cobra
#6 DieselNuts = $250 tune for sure
and so on

Scarpino

Established Member
yesir, I'm game.

#3 TqMnster
#4 01 Cobra
#6 DieselNuts = $250 tune for sure
and so on

DieselNuts,
if your not a previous Amazon customer you will have to pay a 125 programming fee. So your total for tuning will be 375. I thought I was only going to have to pay 250 as well until this afternoon when Amazon clarified it. Thats not going to stop you though right?

Last edited:

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
DieselNuts,
if your not a previous Amazon customer you will have to pay a 125 programming fee. So your total for tuning will be 375. I thought I was only going to have to pay 250 as well until this afternoon when Amazon clarified it. Thats not going to stop you though right?

but what if I dont want a lifetime of revisions?

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
Guess that would be your option imo.

the point I am making is that you can get tuned on this dyno day for as low as $250. You dont have to buy the life time revisions for $125 in order to get tuned this time.

Scarpino

Established Member
the point I am making is that you can get tuned on this dyno day for as low as $250. You dont have to buy the life time revisions for $125 in order to get tuned this time.

If this is true...then I'm with you on the 250 tune only. :rockon:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
you have to buy a tune either way..why would you not want free life time revisions?

the one time program is usually $125
the life time revisions is usually $175

we are selling the life time revisions for $125 so you are getting it for the price of the one time program and saving $50

only our existing tuning customers will get dynotuned for $250..they have already bought a life time revisions program when they were tuned for the first time

I hope that this clears ups any questions about the pricing now..the reason that we seperate the program from the tuning is because we have alot of mail order customers who recieve their tunes via email..

Users who are viewing this thread