Dyno tuning 78mm turbo cobra E85

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member
This is a quick vid of my cobra getting tuned with some wot pulls. Boost is 24psi and timing is 18* on e85. We just wanted to keep it safe and have fun with it for now.

[youtube_browser]fsIVFPXubxc[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

MGC

Established Member
Rear view mirror is like F this I'm out! Sick car man! What color is that? Damn good power too!

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
How does the power delivery feel at WOT using your standard street tires? While in drive, does it spin bad?

This is making me itch to hurry up and install a twin turbo system on the 2014 GT I custom ordered. I really love the sound of turbo/turbos spooling up.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
How does the power delivery feel at WOT using your standard street tires? While in drive, does it spin bad?

This is making me itch to hurry up and install a twin turbo system on the 2014 GT I custom ordered. I really love the sound of turbo/turbos spooling up.

Figures that you order a 2014 GT right before I move.. Awesome!

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member
Nice car and it sounds sick!!

Sounds amazing. Now get those taillight bezels repainted!

They were originally done like that to match the wheels and help tie them in but I've thought about paint matching them to the body color. I have some sn95 export mirrors that I need to have painted and I may do the bezels at the same time.

With the hoosiers, the power comes in smooth enough to not completely murder the tires at wot. I had some old bfg dr's that would make 2nd gear a spin fest but the hoosiers seem to be doing ok. If you're ever in the Destin area let me know and we'll go for a ride.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
What size exhaust pipe and what mufflers are those?

Oh REALLY :thumbsup: Glad to heard youll be back in the game again. :beer: Auto?

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member
Engine pics please :pop:

This is a pic right before I swapped the injectors

_DSC0007.jpg

What size exhaust pipe and what mufflers are those?

It's a 4" downpipe and then two 3" pipes all the way out...mufflers are dynatech

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Oh REALLY :thumbsup: Glad to heard youll be back in the game again. :beer: Auto?

Yes, chose the 6 speed auto for this build. It's an awesome transmission that won't buckle under the pressure like the MT-82 Getrag 6 speed manual. The only transmission mods will be a Circle D billet torque converter and a larger transmission pan with dipstick addition. Other than that, it remains stock.

These mods (twin turbo install) will be at least a year out. I'm going to enjoy it stock for awhile.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread