Dyno with a 2.9 RR pulley:

mkdiehl

Established Member
Does this look like it is "no-slip"ping? I am using a Gates 740 belt.

Last edited:

n0xlf

Established Member
Doesn't look like your dyno attached quite right....Want me to post the movie of your gauge dropping too? I'll post the pics and stuff tomorrow sometime as well so everyone can throw their suggestions my way too...

mkdiehl

Established Member
mods are:

open filter CAI
magnaflow x-pipe and catback
diablo chip
NGK plugs gapped at .35
2.9 RR pulley

If it is blowout, then what should i do about it? I specifically bought these plugs and gapped them here to avoid this. What should the gap be?

mkdiehl

Established Member
Is it possible that the wheels were slipping on the dyno itself? What else would explain the drastic loss of torque?

mkdiehl

Established Member
racerat,
it is above......just hard to see. it levels out at about 12.8. it was sensed through the tailpipe. i have sent the chip back to get a reburn and make it richer....

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by mkdiehl
Is it possible that the wheels were slipping on the dyno itself? What else would explain the drastic loss of torque?

i doubt it...look at my dyno graph in my sig. My torque drops off drastically as well. Why? I think it is because of the Eaton Blower. In it's nature it's inefficient therefore at higher rpms your torque is dropping which is the #1 leading factor to why your hp is not rising.

But your numbers are very similar to my numbers when I didn't have the 4lb lower or my exhuast. With just my 2.75RR upper, CAI, and chip I dynoed at 415rwhp and 465rwtq.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by mkdiehl
racerat,
it is above......just hard to see. it levels out at about 12.8. it was sensed through the tailpipe. i have sent the chip back to get a reburn and make it richer....

IMHO you don;t need it richer, since it does through the tail pipe sniffer, the reading is not exact. It is my understanding that it reads leaner by .5-1 point than what it really is. I for the other hand should get my little hiccup fixed.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
If it were my car, I'd want it about a point richer. Tailpipe sniffer or not, 12.8 is a lot leaner than most folks are running.

Doesn't timing affect torque too? Do you know what the specifics of your chip are?

Even with 17-18lbs on the Eaton blower, my torque never dropped like that.

tommygun

Established Member
every cobra dyno I have seen gets that squiggly lines at the end, there is no rhyme or reason that we can figure out. Even when I dynoed my car stock it had the lines

mkdiehl

Established Member
I definitely want it richer.

Don't know the specifics of my chip tune....it's just a black (or red) box to me. However, I do trust the tuner (he is highly recommended and will read this.... :) )

Users who are viewing this thread