DYNO with just JLT CAI!

KnightHawks97

Objects N Mirror R Losing
Established Member
I just got back from the dyno. I installed the JLT CAI on Saturday and here are the results. I was amazed to hit the 400 rwhp mark with just intake. Should I be concerned that there wasn't similar gains in torque? I bought the car from a guy who just welded in Flowmaster mufflers.
Bottom line---

Power mod:
JLT CAI

Insignificant mods:
weld-in Flowmasters
Mobile 1 Synthetic
NGK-TR6IX
2003%20Cobra%20JLT%20CAI%2025%20AUG%2006.jpg

Next week comes 2.5" midpipe and exhaust, 2.76 upper, and tune:pepper:

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Nice to see good results on the JLT, I'll be installing mine soon. Most stock Cobras dyno around 360-370 hp with similar torque. I'd say your Flows may be worth 5-10 hp at most, the stock pipes are only 2-1/4" diameter with restrictive bends. So most of your gains are definitely from the JLT.

You might want to look into the TR6 plugs as far as heat range, I think most that use them already have the pulley and custom tune installed. They might not be optimal for a basically stock Cobra.

Hey KnightHawks97, did you get my emails today?

KnightHawks97

Objects N Mirror R Losing
Established Member
Cobra-21 said:
Hey KnightHawks97, did you get my emails today?

Yes I did, but I couldn't install quicktime on the work computer, I'm about to watch the vids now. Thanks.

Yup, I installed the TR6IX's now because I plan on doing the pulley and stuff next week anyway (is that ok?). I don't think the previous owner changed them out at all (45K on the clock and still the Motorcraft plugs). He may have changed them at 30K but not sure. They showed their age when I inspected them however, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Tucker

That's great.
Thanks for the feedback and the post.
I'm glad your happy, those are some great #'s with your mods.

Thanks
Jay

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice numbers. Your baseline was higher than the average of 365-370 so that helped you get that 400 number. Cool! If you go with a midpipe and catback you should crack 420rwhp. How is your A/F? Just wondering if it leaned out any compared to stock.

And yes, JLT makes a dang good product!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i guess i will be the first to say that those being std numbers i would think they would be a little higher, esp with the weld-in mufflers

(i'm not hating or disrespecting - just noticed that the dyno is calibrated for std)

400 std might equate to lower sae numbers

i would think if you put a proper catback on the car you would pick up some; my tuner told me that its better to go with manufactered catback instead of welding in mufflers

my std numbers with intake and catback only (no tune) were 433/397

i have heard of others std numbers on a stock pulley (with tune) as high as 452

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For those who like to compare numbers for the sake of setup comparisons, even though dynos tend to differ a bit numbers wise, it helps to use the more common SAE Correction Factor. And yes, STD numbers are a bit higher than SAE - by approx. 4%.

Users who are viewing this thread