Dyno'd for the first time

MattACK

Established Member
View attachment 433_391_800x367.bmp

I'm honestly surprised it made the power it did. Middle of last year I was looking for some info on cobras running stock boost with ported blowers. Only found two such cases, but my deal is that I want to see how much power I can squeeze out of a cobra on stock pullies. I tune it myself so this is more of a project for me.

Bought the car last year bone stock down to the air filter. I wanted too keep it stock appearing so I only added a bassani catted X, MagnaFlow catback, K&N drop-in, and ported blower/TB/inlet. A friend of mine gave me a screaming deal on it so I said why not. It is still running stock pullies, only 8psi... I know, I know. I'll someday put an upper on it, but It has more than enough power right now for me.

It may not have tire melting torque like my old pullied cobra did, but it pins me nicely in the seat all the way to redline with usable power in every gear. It also outruns my buddies SRT Challenger that makes 450rwhp so it is no slouch.

b_dike

Established Member
Those are solid numbers. I've always wondered what a ported stock pulley car would make. I wonder how much this helps iat2s? Do you have any before and after datalogs on that?

MattACK

Established Member
Thanks fellas. I don't have any baseline runs to compare. All I can say is that I used to be able to stomp the gas in first and the tires wouldn't spin. Now it is game over, spin city in 1st gear.

Regarding charge temps... I'll have to dig back to see, but they weren't terrible when I was stock. It would increase no more than 10 degrees on a good pull. However, on the dyno this time was a completely different story. The car would get up to speed on the dyno and warm the motor up which may take a few minutes... And from a full pull, the temps would actually drop 4-5 degrees. I have no street data to corroborate this yet. On the dyno, the five pulls I made were about 15 mins apart and I did not use ice or anything.

Also, all pulls ranged from 431-435 rwhp, pretty consistent.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw your numbers in your other thread. Impressive numbers for just a ported Eaton.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Numbers are good and inline of where they should be. When my car was stock including tune I bolted on a flowmaster cat back and threw on a UPR cold air intake and it dyno'd 411. You have similar mods but also a ported throttle body and elbow plus the ported blower which seems to have picked you up about 20 hp more.
BTW if you're just running a drop in K&N air filter in the stock air box at least remove the snorkel / silencer as that really restricts air intake.

Users who are viewing this thread