Dyno'd the Notch

SHOLANDO

Established Member
I have Cobra Disc brakes up front (13") and rear Disc brakes from a regular GT in the back. I also have added an adjustable porportioning valve and the large bore Master Cylinder. The pedal feel is incredible. I didn't need to add a bigger Brake Booster or change out any brake lines at all. If you buy the complete 'kit' from any of the parts supplier out there you'll have everything you need. The best sourse for information is http://svo73mm.cjb.net/

Rob

Originally posted by Vanride69
they are pretty easy to do. I have done many 4 wheel disc conversions. The tricky one is doing 4 wheel disc 5 lug conversions with bigger brakes, then you have to change master cylinder, brake booster, lines and everything. The rear disc conversion is easy enough, hardest thing is prolly the ebrake cables, and they arent tough at all.
Jon
57081DSCN1407-med.JPG

Last edited:

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
Originally posted by SHOLANDO
I have Cobra Disc brakes up front (13") and rear Disc brakes from a regular GT in the back. I also have added an adjustable porportioning valve and the large bore Master Cylinder. The pedal feel is incredible. I didn't need to add a bigger Brake Booster or change out any brake lines at all. If you buy the complete 'kit' from any of the parts supplier out there you'll have everything you need. The best sourse for information is http://svo73mm.cjb.net/

Rob

57081DSCN1407-med.JPG

The booster comes into play if you have a different cam in the car. I have heard of people have almost no pedal travel until they put in a larger capacity brake booster. Every situation and every car is a bit different.

smokem

Established Member
spritle - wondering why you can only see two pedals in the interior pic of the car yet the shifter looks like it's a 5 speed?

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Originally posted by smokem
spritle - wondering why you can only see two pedals in the interior pic of the car yet the shifter looks like it's a 5 speed?

Those pics were taken during a C4 to Tremec swap. Also, you can see that the hood hinges aren't bolted up either. Everything is together now. I need to take new pictures.

TheBeasst

He had to change to the tremec because the last time I broke it off in him, the c4 nearly went through the floor of that old dinosaur.

Users who are viewing this thread