Dyno'd today? #inside!

I made 505rwhp and 480rwtq.. SAE @ full operating TEMP

i made more cold...

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
mlambert said:
Not bad, what did you make cold?

a number i may never see agian... 516rwhp..

but i dont count that..

I could of tuned for more, but didnt .. my a/f was 11.6 across the band..

Marc

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Great numbers man.. congrats! I hear ya about the cold thing though. Next time I goto the dyno, I am gonna have my new icebox setup on and I'm gonna ice the crap outta the blower. Problem is, that causes your car to run leaner and it's not a real world number. That's why I've always used a warmed up car for my numbers. It will be fun just once to see what happens cooled down though! 11 extra hp...huh??lol

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
sambandit said:
Great numbers man.. congrats! I hear ya about the cold thing though. Next time I goto the dyno, I am gonna have my new icebox setup on and I'm gonna ice the crap outta the blower. Problem is, that causes your car to run leaner and it's not a real world number. That's why I've always used a warmed up car for my numbers. It will be fun just once to see what happens cooled down though! 11 extra hp...huh??lol

ya i hear you.. 505 is what i will always see.. but my tune is very safe.. and im going to be getting the stage 3 update from steggy.. can't wait for that.. i think thats what u have...

Marc

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Scott, you wont run leaner if your tune is set through the maf transfer function, regardless of how cool the intake or blower is.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
combatstang said:
a number i may never see agian... 516rwhp.. but i dont count that..

I could of tuned for more, but didnt .. my a/f was 11.6 across the band..

Marc
That is very impressive. Big power with a safe tune, and very nice mods. Nothing beats that combo, doesn't it? And your number "cold" is absolutely awesome for your mods. Have a great tuner helps a lot.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
sambandit said:

If your car makes the number, it's real world. If your car goes 10.98 when it's cold and 11.10 when it's warm, it's still a 10 sec car. I don't buy the argument. If it makes the number, it makes the number end of story. Also, when the car is cold it doesnt run much leaner. The computer adds more fuel and timing when all the temps are lower, that's why it makes more power.

Remember the old days when we would go to the track with our 5.0 and throw the short belt on, disconnect the sway bar, and ice the intake down so we could go .5 quicker. It's real world if it runs or puts down any number, no matter what you had to do to achieve it. Just my $.02, and now ready for the debate. :pop:

Established Member
Marc,
Damn those are some awesome numbers man. Congrats. What have you changed since your last tune??

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
7168548 said:
Marc,
Damn those are some awesome numbers man. Congrats. What have you changed since your last tune??

Custome ported headers/bassani xpipe not magnaflow

thats it... and shawn tweaked something.. that he learned not sure what... but my a/f is 11.6 and timming is 22degrees

Marc

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
7168548 said:
Marc,

hey steve why is ur car starving for fuel? there are tons of guys pushing 516rwhp+ and using stock fuel system... like sambandit trey116 and some others.. even broke7 untill he added the nitrous and got 100rwhp from that...

Let us know, what did ur tuner say man?

Marc

coolcobra

Established Member
Great numbers and you did this without fuel pump mods or new injectors?

Did you dyno the car before and after the headers?

Shawn was able to achieve last month 480 rhp and 478 ft-lbs of torque with a 8lb lower pulley, Magnaflow cat back, C&L mass flow meter, and Steigermeir ported blower, TB and plenum--lastest porting method. Car is an animal, where 1st and 2nd gears on stock tires do not delivery the power to the ground at all.

Are you planning to drag race your cobra?

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
coolcobra said:
Great numbers and you did this without fuel pump mods or new injectors?

Did you dyno the car before and after the headers?

Shawn was able to achieve last month 480 rhp and 478 ft-lbs of torque with a 8lb lower pulley, Magnaflow cat back, C&L mass flow meter, and Steigermeir ported blower, TB and plenum--lastest porting method. Car is an animal, where 1st and 2nd gears on stock tires do not delivery the power to the ground at all.

Are you planning to drag race your cobra?
\\

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152049

look at that

Marc ;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
badcobra said:
If your car makes the number, it's real world. If your car goes 10.98 when it's cold and 11.10 when it's warm, it's still a 10 sec car. I don't buy the argument. If it makes the number, it makes the number end of story. Also, when the car is cold it doesnt run much leaner. The computer adds more fuel and timing when all the temps are lower, that's why it makes more power.

Remember the old days when we would go to the track with our 5.0 and throw the short belt on, disconnect the sway bar, and ice the intake down so we could go .5 quicker. It's real world if it runs or puts down any number, no matter what you had to do to achieve it. Just my $.02, and now ready for the debate. :pop:
Here's the argument. A guy (any guy, typical guy) does 20 dyno runs. 19 of those runs are an average of 482rwhp. On one run he ices down the blower and applies a couple of other tricks. He gets 494rwhp. He then tells the world he has a 494rwhp car. Not so IMO. It's only 494rwhp if the tricks are applied which is not going to happen when normally driven. Let's face it, people tend to want to post the absolute highest number for bragging rights. All part of the male ego phenomonon. LOL! I've done it myself. I'm not saying that's the case here, but THAT is what typically happens. So Sambandit's point is well taken IMO.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
So Bob, if you take your car to the track and bolt on some slicks, add race gas, take the front seat out, put a new tune in it and run 10.50 does that mean you have a 10 sec car? In full street trim it runs 11.50, but tricked up it runs mid 10's. It's the same scenario whether you are talking dyno numbers or track numbers.

If the car puts the number down, that's what it has. It may be best case scenario, but it doesn't matter. I guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one..LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hear what you're saying, but my main point is that people tend to always grab the highest number for bragging rights, even it doesn't any longer represent what the car is really putting out. Case in point. A guy ads a mod that leans out his A/F. Say it's up there around 13.5 from 5,000 up. He gets 515rwhp on the dyno. But he knows the A/F is too lean which is inflating his power. He gets a corrected tune and now his A/F is between 11.5-12.0 in that same range. He goes back to the dyno and makes 499rwhp. He's very happy with the tune but sure wishes he hit that '500' mark. So, which number do you think he might be tempted to use? With your arguement he could still say it's a 515rwhp car because it did make that much power, albeit a dangerous lean A/F. But on the street and probably at the track from that point on he's making around 499. What I'm saying is that the numbers we talk should represent the real world. In this example I wouldn't call it the "real world".

I know we're not going to agree on this one. LOL! Just wanted to make it clear that the temptation to post bigger numbers for bragging rights is very hard to resist. We guys are known for that. :)

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
In your scenario, I TOTALLY agree with you. In Combatstang's case though...his car made 516 on a safe tune. That's the number I would use, but that's just me. Peace out!

Users who are viewing this thread