Dynoed 2.77 and Predator today

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Took off early from work (actually snuck out ;) ) to check out the A/F ratio on the Predator tune since the pulley install.

454rwhp/476rwtq SAE

The top end actually hit 10.0 at one point. It was in the high 10's low 11's in the entire top end (10.0 @ 5000 to 11.4@6400). Needless to say, I'll be getting James at RWTD to tweak the tune. The mid range needs to drop a hair (typical Predator pulley tune) as well.

460+rwhp should be doable, especially with a cool engine (all runs were made with the engine starting at 80 degrees C on the trip odometer readout.

It's nice to punch it at 50mph and get sideways. :D :D

Mods:
K&N bigmouth
MAC O/R h
MAC 2 1/2" catback
2.77 pulley
Predator pulley tune

Question: Once the gas is let off at the end of the run, I got a nice puff of blue smoke. Has anyone else noticed this after getting outta boost? Is it sucking past the PCV? It wasn't a lingering smoke, just a good thick puff and then it was gone. Just wondering.

n0xlf

Established Member
I still can't figure out why the Predators behave so differently for different setups...Maybe it has something to do with the original computer code...What code are you running?

I also had the puff of smoke that you are describing...Don't know if it was there on my last dyno runs though...I even have a movie of it if you want to watch it to make you feel better :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice numbers, and they'll get even better when you tweak the tune. As far as the smoke, I've had about 6 dyno visits and never noticed any.

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Originally posted by n0xlf
I still can't figure out why the Predators behave so differently for different setups...Maybe it has something to do with the original computer code...What code are you running?

I also had the puff of smoke that you are describing...Don't know if it was there on my last dyno runs though...I even have a movie of it if you want to watch it to make you feel better :)

YDH1

I didn't know it was doing it until one of the guys I work with mentioned it to me after I swapped out the stock h for the off road. Then I fianlly saw it on the dyno. Maybe the stock h pipes cats were masking it?:shrug:

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
my numbers were almost exactly the same, except my torque was a little higher (489) my A/F was the exact same way, just have to have James (RWTD) lean out my a/f from 4500-6000 and it should be good. my main concerns are what my trap speeds will be. the way with the predator, the more you drive it the faster it gets, the last couple days of the season my trap speeds kept going up, and that is with the same temps, i hit 117 with my stock pulley on the performance tune.

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Originally posted by fiorefiveoh
my numbers were almost exactly the same, except my torque was a little higher (489) my A/F was the exact same way, just have to have James (RWTD) lean out my a/f from 4500-6000 and it should be good. my main concerns are what my trap speeds will be. the way with the predator, the more you drive it the faster it gets, the last couple days of the season my trap speeds kept going up, and that is with the same temps, i hit 117 with my stock pulley on the performance tune.

What pulley are you running, you didn't get those numbers with the stock pulley did you?:eek:

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
no with the stock pulley it was 420/400, but then i ran a 12.003@117, i think if i dynoed after i ran that it would of been higher, like 430 or so rwhp. i put the pulley (2.75 RR with a BF 100mm idler) on thanksgiving weekend and got it dynoed a couple weeks ago and got those numbers. hopefully i can get the tune to James so he can get a custom one back to me before next weekend (dyno Day in PA). im hopin for trap speeds of 123-124 when the season starts.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by fiorefiveoh
no with the stock pulley it was 420/400, but then i ran a 12.003@117, i think if i dynoed after i ran that it would of been higher, like 430 or so rwhp. i put the pulley (2.75 RR with a BF 100mm idler) on thanksgiving weekend and got it dynoed a couple weeks ago and got those numbers. hopefully i can get the tune to James so he can get a custom one back to me before next weekend (dyno Day in PA). im hopin for trap speeds of 123-124 when the season starts.
That would be very stout. Even your 117 is stout with the stock pulley. Best of luck. :beer:

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
Originally posted by Corner-Carver
No doubt, but everybody knows, the Jersey boys get all the good air.:cryying:

haha yes we do especially in sept.-nov., when i ran the 117 traps the density altitude was -577 feet. Englishtown is only 85 feet above sea level.

Users who are viewing this thread