dynoed my vortech car today

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
finally stopped and did a few power pulls after alot of driving today. kind of a test to see what the car puts down on a daily basis with no special prep involved. i started the day by driving 78 miles from my house to freaking east jesus where Bob Monks' shop is located in Missouri so the On3 car I just finished can get tuned. Took him for a few blasts in the car and then drove 80 miles from there to drop my buddy(the owner of the tt car) off at his work then drove 5 miles from there to the dyno. Only cool down time was when it got strapped down. This is on 93 octane gas from mobil and its been about 48 degrees out today. But that was alot of driving.

This is a vortech t-trim blower @ 10psi, 2013 block,10:1 compression, diamond ceramic pistons, manley rods, id1000s, bap, boss heads,stock intake and stock cams. i built this motor myself and its got about 8000 miles on it since september and the car was tuned back then by Adam Browne on a 3.6 pulley. I have since repullied to 2.95 but am running a boost controller still limiting to 10psi. Before the comments about the "built" motor "only" making such and such power, I have the motor for more power just dont feel like redoing my fuel system yet and cranking up the boost. Car gets driven almost everyday, rain, snow or shine I dont give a ****.

previous numbers in september were 591.97hp 511.2tq
new numbers with only change being pulley and boost control 662hp 541tq

Shaun from AED just sent me a revision to see if that improves anything and I may have belt slip but overall Im pretty happy with the numbers so far. Car averages 25mpgs with totally mixed driving, mostly aggressive. Between Adam, Shaun and Bob helping me with tuning and bouncing ideas around things are lookin good! JPC and Beefcake have helped me out quite a bit over the last 6 Months also. All good peeps!

stanielz

Established Member
how much timing were you pushing with the different pulley set ups @ WOT?

also is that 10 psi @ 7500 rpms with the 3.48 pulley?

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
on the larger pulley it made 10psi at about 7100ish. the dyno software today didnt log boost like it was supposed to so didnt see where it made 10psi but seems much earlier.
As for timing, I have no idea since thats a tuning thing which I leave to them. But NO changes were made to the tune, just the pulley and the boost control.

stanielz

Established Member
on the larger pulley it made 10psi at about 7100ish. the dyno software today didnt log boost like it was supposed to so didnt see where it made 10psi but seems much earlier.
As for timing, I have no idea since thats a tuning thing which I leave to them. But NO changes were made to the tune, just the pulley and the boost control.

what do you mean by boost control? how are you controlling boost with vortech? sorry for my misunderstanding lol.

i have a T trim vortech too with the 3.6 pulley and a boost sensor. I made 7PSI @ 7k rpms, but i have a boss manifold and long tube headers which I'm told drops the boost some. so im swapping to a 3.48 that got here yesterday.

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
I have a custom piece designed for the T-trim that I cannot release details about. I still need better, more consistent data and it's not my product to release. i had the 3.6 pulley before and made 10psi at about 7100 with stock intake, boss heads, stock cams and longtubes.
Now I have a 2.95 pulley on there and wasnt able to log when it made 10psi which kinda sucks. I do know my boost dropped every run at about 6700 rpm so I may be slippin that belt and theres power left in it.

cajuncreeper

Established Member
I have a similar set up as you can see in my sig. I maxed out the stock fuel system at 680 and currently ordered the complete jackal return set up. It's amazing how easy the T trim put down these numbers.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
so whats the custom piece? im wondering.
i was looking at the vortech kit.

For anyone that is interested in running a boost controller on their Vortech I'm sure you can call Power by the hour. They have a procharger car that runs one. I'm sure they can help you since the OP has a top secret super double probationary contraption controlling boost. :thumbsup:

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
For anyone that is interested in running a boost controller on their Vortech I'm sure you can call Power by the hour. They have a procharger car that runs one. I'm sure they can help you since the OP has a top secret super double probationary contraption controlling boost. :thumbsup:

:lol:This

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
the reason i cant tell you much about the boost control is because the person who made it is working on the patents still. its not that i think im cool or anything,its not my product to release details on unless he says its cool. he doesnt want his design stolen, and trust me it would be. hes got tons of money and time in having these things made and tested and i was lucky enough to be the only ford guy testing one. it has nothing to do with wastegates or blowoffs. my mistake for even hinting that something new could be available before one of your super duper amazing shops you all know and love come out with it. im just a dude who built a mustang in my garage by myself. flame on

Last edited:

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
I have a similar set up as you can see in my sig. I maxed out the stock fuel system at 680 and currently ordered the complete jackal return set up. It's amazing how easy the T trim put down these numbers.

kickass
im putting together a surge tank setup for mine that will be fed by the stock pump

Users who are viewing this thread