Dynoed the '03 today (3-27-'04)

Tim Lester

Established Member
I went to get the '03 dynoed today. Got to the dyno facility (CJ Motorsports) quarter after 12. I drove the car onto the dyno (in ground) and got it strapped down at 12:30.

Mods are:

•12” K&N
•2.80” SFPH Non-Slip Pulley w/ 3 Piece Idler Set
•Predator Programmer (Custom Tune)
•Borla Stinger Cat-back

I made my first pull. I was disappointed with the results. It put down a measly 425RWHP/ 442 RWTQ. I then made another pull. The outcome was about the same. On the 2nd pull the car made 423RWHP/ 446RWTQ.

I advanced timing 2% via Predator and made another pull. The outcome was 445RWHP/ 464RWTQ. Now we’re getting somewhere. I was happy to see such an increase. I again advanced the timing another 2%. I made another pull and the car made 453RWHP/ 475 RWTQ. I advanced timing another 2% which was a total of 6%. The outcome was 456RWHP/ 481RWTQ. Then I added 2 more %, but the car didn’t make anymore power, so I put it back to 6%. The total amount of timing was 23 degrees at 6500 rpm. The air/fuel ratio could be tweaked a little more. I will talk with James aka RWTD (Runnin’ With The Devil) about this.

I am very pleased with the results.:burnout:

456RWHP481RWTQ.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice numbers! I see that you lowered your car. What springs did you go with. Looks nice!

Tim Lester

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Nice numbers! I see that you lowered your car. What springs did you go with. Looks nice!

Thanks Bob.

The car isn't lowered yet. Someone photoshopped it for me so I could get a visual image of what it would look like once it does get lowered. I do have the H&R SS springs and M/M spring isolators waiting to be installed.

Also, how do you like the Apten?

Tim

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yikes! That was Photoshopped? That is very impressive! If yours ends up looking like that -- SWEET!

I really like the Apten blower. I picked up 38rwhp which I felt right away. I will be getting back to the dyno late April after I swap to the 2.80 pulley and get a new tune.

Users who are viewing this thread