Dynoed With 2.8, Steg Stage Iv, 460rwhp...

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
These are my mods and I made 483HP and 463TQ. I was expecting a little more, but maybe I'm expecting too much. What do you think?

2004 Mystichrome Ford Mustang Cobra

91 Octane Fuel from Arizona and California

Computer Code: AMZ1

Custom Tune by Scott @ Mile Hi Dyno
Spark Plugs TGK TR6 Gapped at .038
Diablosport MAFia (Currently Set at 2)
K&N FIPK2 Cold Air Induction
K&N FIPK2 Outerwears Polyester Pre-Filter
Billetflow Single Blade Throttle Body
Billetflow Single Blade Inlet Plenum
Stiegemeier Stage IV Ported Supercharger
Gates Green Stripe Belt Part #K080751
Billetflow Black 2.76 Non-Slip Pulley
Billetflow New Style Auxillary Idler Bracket
Billetflow Black Hard Anodized Idlers (1) 90mm and (3) 100mm
LFP Performance Radiator
LFP Heat Exchanger
LFP Intercooler Tank
Canton Radiator Tank
60# Siemens/Denka Injectors with Harness Adapters
Pypes Direct Replacement 2.5" High Flow Catted X-Pipe with O2 Extensions
Borla Stingers Cat-Back Exhaust
Cylinder Head to Radiator Return Auxillary Cooling Mod
Kenne Bell Fuel Pressure Rail Sensor Dampener
Oil Separator PCV Mod
Hood Blanket Mod

dynobobstieg

We are currently working with Ford Muscle Magazine in CA., they are doing some comparision testing. I will keep you informed. (so far pretty good)
We have a great interest for ported blowers in CA. it has been our experience that there is not any experienced tuners in that area. We can help you, call us and we can get more details and give you a much more accurate solution. If it is at all possible for you to call today Bob will be available to take your call, it is sometimes difficult to speak with him Mon-Fri. If you perfer to e-mail over your mods, graphs, ect. [email protected]
636-949-2275

dougwg

Established Member
SOOOO Machinator is making high hp claims in one thread to promote his "friends".

And then he turns around and makes low hp claims in this thread to bash Stiegemeier.

Smells like BS to me! Thats a very low class, and stupid thing to do.

P.S. Stiegemeier, Always quote assclowns like that! So everyone can see what they're up to.

Last edited:

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Wow this has become quite the thread.
All I know is that the Ported Eaton does work and it works well. My car has much lower IAT2s than before, it makes a ton more power (proven on the dyno) and was in my opinion a good investement.
I have more than enough money to go Turbo, Twin Screw, whatever.
That is not what I wanted for this car. I have modded cars in the past to the point where I became frustrated and didnt enjoy them anymore.
I didnt want that for this car. I set out my goals for it and am sticking to them. There is always someone faster and im not caught up trying to be the guy doing it.
For someone to come up here and bash Stiegemeier is just unbelievable. There work, customer service and what they have done for our cars can not be replaced.
If all people want to do is cause shit and run mouths then keep them SHUT!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
the problem is that some people are narrow-minded and feel that THEIR experience is the ONLY one

when things don't go as they they should, you have to WORK WITH THE VENDOR OR MFG to get to the root of the problem

otherwise, you're just a fool....

99SVTcobraVERT

import, i have same pulley combo as you and i only hit 13.9 max psi and 10.9 by redline and made 450rwhp 465rwtq with mods in sig but more importantly no ported blower.... but if i had the 12.5 you had at redline id be making another 20rwhp all day from what my tuner told me...

ViciousJay

Established Member
ok to blk03svt why is your plugs gapped at .38 thats wayyyyy too much for one... .32 is what you need....

and to jb yes bro people can be narrow minded heres the question i ask them to the guys who get ports and are unhappy, did you think it was gonna have a twin screw feel with 40hp upgrade?

danny03cobra

Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
I made a solid 15# with this exact set up. what size belt are you using?
I saw no boost drop off at high RPM....:shrug:

i forget what size the belt is, but i dont think its slipping becouse i had a heck of a time just getting it on there and there is no dust.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
These are my mods and I made 483HP and 463TQ. I was expecting a little more, but maybe I'm expecting too much. What do you think?

2004 Mystichrome Ford Mustang Cobra

91 Octane Fuel from Arizona and California

Computer Code: AMZ1

Custom Tune by Scott @ Mile Hi Dyno
Spark Plugs TGK TR6 Gapped at .038
Diablosport MAFia (Currently Set at 2)
K&N FIPK2 Cold Air Induction
K&N FIPK2 Outerwears Polyester Pre-Filter
Billetflow Single Blade Throttle Body
Billetflow Single Blade Inlet Plenum
Stiegemeier Stage IV Ported Supercharger
Gates Green Stripe Belt Part #K080751
Billetflow Black 2.76 Non-Slip Pulley
Billetflow New Style Auxillary Idler Bracket
Billetflow Black Hard Anodized Idlers (1) 90mm and (3) 100mm
LFP Performance Radiator
LFP Heat Exchanger
LFP Intercooler Tank
Canton Radiator Tank
60# Siemens/Denka Injectors with Harness Adapters
Pypes Direct Replacement 2.5" High Flow Catted X-Pipe with O2 Extensions
Borla Stingers Cat-Back Exhaust
Cylinder Head to Radiator Return Auxillary Cooling Mod
Kenne Bell Fuel Pressure Rail Sensor Dampener
Oil Separator PCV Mod
Hood Blanket Mod

What timing are you running up top? Stock clutch?

wpd736

Back to Blue
Established Member
omg I m happy with my steggy stage III will have to do the bypass valve cali though lol just slapped it on didnt read that part about install

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
It could be a slipping clutch.

It could be a lot of things.

It could be your engine is about to be toast. Why don't you do a compression and leakdown test and let us know. Just because it was working 100% before the tune and port doesn't mean something didn't break or is in the process of breaking bad. Sure the blower was re-installed right? The list goes on and on.

Last edited:

wpd736

Back to Blue
Established Member
not trying to beat a dead horse ... ordered a 73 inch gatorback as my belt is slipping slightly ..... mucho belt dust on pulleys have stock size idlers and an aux idler thats 90 mm... is that gonna be too stressful on the bearing in the snout ... opinions ??? sorry to jack the thread

ViciousJay

Established Member
wpd736 said:
not trying to beat a dead horse ... ordered a 73 inch gatorback as my belt is slipping slightly ..... mucho belt dust on pulleys have stock size idlers and an aux idler thats 90 mm... is that gonna be too stressful on the bearing in the snout ... opinions ??? sorry to jack the thread
i would have ordered a 100mm idler and 74" belt for better belt wrap

blue35thgt

Established Member
nice numbers.. My car only boost 12 with my LFP ported eaton... and a 2.93 pulley, and mac exhaust.. making whats in my sig.. i have major belt slip..

ViciousJay

Established Member
IMPORTSMOKER said:
SOOOO, I re-dynoed today at my initial dyno shop (original 417-463 numbers) I put a gaterback belt on, notched the tensioner, applied 5"hg to set the boost bypass valve, have a custom tune and my new nembers = 463hp - 462tq....basically no change...my boost seems pretty consistant...but low at a max of 12.5psi....i dont know why the such low numbers....there was another 04 cobra that dynoed right before me with a 2.93 pulley and stock cats w. steg stageIV and put down 480hp-454tq...i dont know what to do at this point to raise my numbers...and like i said...the bone stock dyno(only 1000 miles ago was an average 362hp) this tells me that the engine is was running solid before the mods???????????????slipping clutch????????

possible but youd know... post the sheet...

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Subscribing. I'm wondering if the boost bypass valve issue could be causing my low #'s after my engine rebuild 480ish RWHP / 480ish RWTQ, down from 516/506. Need to log the boost next time I'm on the dyno. It's a 2.8/90mm Steeda idler/2lb setup.

WDW MKR

Established Member
The so-called "RPM Outlet mod" is just the boost bypass mod that's been around since the Lightnings. You can do it a lot quicker and cheaper with stuff available at a hardware store, but you're better off leaving it alone and just turning it off in the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread