Dynoed with Predator and 2.93, My thoughts........

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Ok played around alot with the Predator today. I think this is a pretty neat tool, but it has its down sides. First off i HIGHLY recommend dynoing the car right after the pulley tune and a pulley is installed. Reason being i have been driving around for 2 weeks with the Pulley Tune and the 2.93. My A/F was 13:1 not good. I was able to tweak it to 12:1 but this is where i had some issues. I richened it up as far as it can go. Manual says it will change 1 point. Well i did that, loaded the tune, did another pull. Still 13:1 A/F nothing changed. Did it again same thing. No change. Finally on the 3rd pull it went to 12:1. We are thinking that when you flash the computer it still has to learn it and is not working right away. Now that i am @ 12:1 if i added a 2.8 pulley i will not be able to change the tune since i have the fuel maxed out.

Ok well on to the #s. Car came in making 430rwhp 450rwtq off the street. After some tweaking final #s were 451rwhp 473.9rwtq. ONLY mods are Magnaflow catback, Powerstack airfilter from AFM, Amazon 2.93 Pulley, and the Predator. Here are 2 graphs. The second graph is on the run viewer i have on my computer. For some reason it changes the #s a little but im posting it for A/F comparison. The blue is the pulley tune without anytweaking. The red is after i richened it up as much as the Predator will let me. Feel free to ask questions. We did alot of pulls with this. Sorry for the long post.

Dave

pulleydyno_medium.jpg

compare_medium.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
Thats great info. I have the Predator but have not installed my pulley yet. I have a 2.80 & a stock Lightning pulley (a 2.97?) After what you posted I will stick with the 2.97 for now. And before I get on it I will drive the car gently for a couple of start up cycles before going down to Swanson's dyno. Thanks for posting your dyno sheets. It's great to see that the af is so smooth and even.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Originally posted by oldmodman
Thats great info. I have the Predator but have not installed my pulley yet. I have a 2.80 & a stock Lightning pulley (a 2.97?) After what you posted I will stick with the 2.97 for now. And before I get on it I will drive the car gently for a couple of start up cycles before going down to Swanson's dyno. Thanks for posting your dyno sheets. It's great to see that the af is so smooth and even.

Well while i do not recommend it. I did drive the car VERY hard before the dyno. I put the pulley on about 2 weeks ago. i drive the car hard everyday it sees redline everyday. And it saw numerous trips above 120 with that a/f. Which scares and surprises me that the motor is still in one piece. I dont see how i would be able to add a 2.8 safely with this tune. It is impossible i think

Dave

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
your a/f is still too lean until about 4500 rpms, you might want to be careful during daily driving. How come all the predator tunes are way too lean down low?

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Good numbers. Looks like detonation up top where the line gets wavy - or possible spark blow out. Check your plugs and gap. I plan on doing the same mods next (predator and stock L Pulley), looks like I will be glad I also have my MAFterburner...

Thanks for the info! :beer:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
93 Octane gas. It felt like detonation when i was driving it on the dyno. I am going to get rid of the TR6s and see if that helps. I really dont like these plugs. As far as the low RPM being lean. It still worries me. I am going to have to find out a way to fix that with either a custom tune for the Predator. Or i am going to use my Autologic chip

Dave

RGrossman

Established Member
I wonder why so many cars are reporting different results... There are 2.80 guys with graphs dipping into the 10s up top and then we have this graph...

Makes me wonder

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
RG - what do you mean? Do you mean the tune? A chip can be tuned very differently, thats why you see some mail orderd chips that are too rich or too lean. But for the most part, each predator dyno I have seen is not safe, or it goes from way too lean, to super rich up top.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Kevin i think he is talking about the Predator tune, no t a chip. For example Eric Brooks on Modularfords has a perfect A/F with the same mods as me and a predator. Same computer code etc.I have also seen graphs much leaner then mine in the low RPMs then pig rich up top, with the same mods and a preator. Mine was 14:1 then dropped to 13:1 with the Pulley tune before i added fuel. The only other thing i can think of is maybe the dynos a/f meter may possibly read a little leaner? I am not sure

Dave

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
facac014.jpg

My a/f was taken at the O2 port. Seems to be ok, but could be flatter. This was with 2.76/Predator Pulley set at +3% rich. Goes back up to 12.1 at 6500 fuel cut. Another run set at +5% rich dipped to 10.6. It made good power, 472hp/499tq SAE

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
See that is interesting. Since you say yours was set to 3% rich. I had to set mine to 15% rich to get the a/f i have now with a larger pulley. Something doesnt seem right with these Predators i think

Dave

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
I am starting to agree with you juiced. Have you tried calling diablo?

I have not tried contacting anyone yet. But i do plan on it. Im sratching my head with this

davidmax

Established Member
I dont know where you reside.but is there a shop with a Dyno even within 1-200 miles.You not on;ly perform better get major longevity and fuel economy to boot.
Try to get a Saturday appointment and TUNE THAT MOTHA!!!!!!
Dave Smilovic

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I was on a waiting list for the Predator, but after reading all kinds of threads like this I opted for a custom DeltaChip instead. Seemed to me the Predator pulley tune is too generic, and I didn't like that you could only adjust it (the A/F) across the board by a fixed percentage.

Users who are viewing this thread