dynoed yesterday give me your thoughts

jamescb77

Established Member
Well guys i had a pretty good run at the dyno yesterday. my numbers were 470hp and 440 torque. Mods are 2.9 pulley, ported eaton, x pipe and magnaflow cat back. These numbers seem pretty good to me for the mods. Heres my question though. The dyno read i was making 11.5 pounds of boost sometimes hitting 12. What are the eatons good to? can i run a smaller pulley and maybe even a lower. I would love to put this car over 500. I don't know what the tune consisted of because it the mods were done and it was tuned when i got it. I was dynoing to make sure my tune was good and the a/f seemed to run great on all three pulls we made so im not worried about it now. Let me know what you think and how much you guys think is left in the car with some pulleys. this was on 93 octane.

SpectorV

Established Member
the eaton is good to 16-17psi~ I have a 2.93 and I am at 14psi (temp out side alters this of course).

I would check your tune, you may have a lot of power left on the table.

After my initial tune my A/F was 10.9 (very rich) and I was at 440/480. After a bit of leaning out to 11.7/8 a/f I picked up to 470/495. This was with 23 deg timing on 93 oct.

Of course every dyno is different, they are not 100% accurate so you cant just go by that, when the tune is right the power generally is where it needs to be. Watch and listen for detonation under part throttle with a low (low rpm pushing down on the gas a good bit) and in the rpms as thats BAD as well.

Last edited:

boostftw05

Established Member
I have a quick question, I bought a car from a state that only had 91, what kind of gains could I see from getting it tuned on 93 which is what I have here. im on 14-15lbs

jamescb77

Established Member
the a/f was right at 11.7-11.9 so that was great. I am on 93 and i am getting no pinging. I don't really have a way of checking the tune rigth now other than lining up a dyno session which with the car running great i just can't justify until i mod it. How much power you think i coudl gain by adding 4-5 more pounds of boost?

Ray Lucca

Established Member
No Cold-Air intake??? A/F, I lean more toward the 11.4-11.5, jmo. Did they data-log the pulls?? Timing?? Sounds like you have a good running Term.

cobracide

Established Member
Add a 4# lower and get 16# or so. That's as far as I would go on a street car but some have boosted a bit more. You will be close to 500 then. Add a Dragon TB/plenum and you are over 500 if the port is good. Listing your mods in your sig would be helpful.

Last edited:

jamescb77

Established Member
sorry yes it has a cold air intake i can't remember what kind but it pulls from the inner fender. what do you think i would gain from a 4# lower

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
numbers seem very low for a ported upper car. Do you have maf and fuel upgrades? If so, skip the lower and find a better tuner.

jamescb77

Established Member
the maf and fuel are stock as far as i can tell and know. Like i said i didn't have the car tuned yesteday just ran it on the dyno to make sure a/f was ok and to see where i was at. Also it was only making abotu 11.5# of boost.

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
Mine with mods in my sig made just over 500... with a 2.65 upper only on a stage 4 port with the JLT RAI... 500 is definitely attainable. I could probably squeeze 520 out of it if I wanted to run a lower.

cobracide

Established Member
the maf and fuel are stock as far as i can tell and know. Like i said i didn't have the car tuned yesteday just ran it on the dyno to make sure a/f was ok and to see where i was at. Also it was only making abotu 11.5# of boost.

Your boost is low so that's why your numbers are too most likely. Check your MAF counts and check for belt slip.

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned

get a tune stat.
with a 4lb lower 500 is easily attainable.

jamescb77

Established Member
get a tune stat.
with a 4lb lower 500 is easily attainable.

the car is tuned. I just didn't have it tuned yesterday. It was tuned by the previous owner that did the pulley and port. This was just to see where i stand and to make sure the tune is decent in the a/f. Ill try and get the graph up later today as i have it at the house

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
the car is tuned. I just didn't have it tuned yesterday. It was tuned by the previous owner that did the pulley and port. This was just to see where i stand and to make sure the tune is decent in the a/f. Ill try and get the graph up later today as i have it at the house
Get it re-tuned! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread