Dynolicious

JC_SapphireBlue_GT

Established Member
i have it on my ipod touch...

i used it like 3 times...

1st time was in a friends 96 GT-the results were weird
had a quarter mile time of 13.9 which seemed right...but the 60' was 3.xx seconds?:shrug: and the 0-60 time was around 8 seconds...

and the other 2 tests were wayyyyy off, gotta work out the kinks still

but if i can figure it out it would be tight

Juruense

Banned
The roads have been too slick to make any real pulls with it so far...

I have it setup with the drivetrain loss at 12% and the curb weight at 3850. Does this sound correct for my car? I weigh 220...

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

I have it setup with the drivetrain loss at 12% and the curb weight at 3850. Does this sound correct for my car? I weigh 220...

15% is used when calculating HP loss Flywheel to Rear Wheels :read:

JC_SapphireBlue_GT

Established Member

yeah the weight is pretty close, but i put the drivetrain loss at 0% (that way it reports wheel horsepower)

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Hasn't this been out for months? It's such a great program, but no body gets accurate data? :shrug:

Blown 89

Established Member
Hasn't this been out for months? It's such a great program, but no body gets accurate data? :shrug:
Garage419 did a test with the host's mini. They weighed it, dyno'd it, and calculated the drive train loss and found that it was more accurate at the track than their G-tec. My results have been accurate with it as well....as long as the numbers you're throwing into it are accurate.
iPhone Dynolicious Software More Accurate than G-Tech? - Garage419 | Garage419 - Car guys love to argue. Let the debate rage!

Last edited:

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
I am buying this first thing in the morning. This seems like a great way to work on 0-60 especially if all the tracks around you are closed.
Cant wait to use this with my buddies grand am and integra!!

LSUstang05

Established Member
If you can get it set up the correct way it is pretty accurate. The hard part is getting it to calibrate correctly and putting the phone in a good location where it wont move. In my old Mustang it was saying that I wouldn't have gone 1/4 mile when I was in the top of 4th gear (around 120ish) which is definitely the 1/4 mile mark. At the track I would trap 116-123 and run low to mid 12's on street tires. I was running mid-high 13s with the program :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread