E-85 and E-70 dyno question

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Car is running on the E-70/85 (I'll test it Monday if the kit comes in) and now we're just waiting on dyno time.

We're going to dyno it with that first, drain the tank, load the 110 back in, load its tune, and dyno again in the same day.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Got the car tuned up on 91 and e85 looks like my 60's max at 86% and my fpdc is at about 88-90%. I'll have some dyno graph later this evening. trying to work out a kink maybe having a backfire.

Jrock909

Established Member
I can tell you that I work at a refinery and here are the blend schedules....

Ethanol Dates to change %

November 1st thru April 30th >>>>>>>>>> = E – 75

May 1st thru May 31st >>>>>>>>>>>>> = E – 80

June 1st thru August 31st >>>>>>>>>>>>>> = E – 85

September 1st thru October 31st >>>>>>>>>> = E - 80

Just so you guys know......

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I can tell you that I work at a refinery and here are the blend schedules....

Ethanol Dates to change %

November 1st thru April 30th >>>>>>>>>> = E – 75

May 1st thru May 31st >>>>>>>>>>>>> = E – 80

June 1st thru August 31st >>>>>>>>>>>>>> = E – 85

September 1st thru October 31st >>>>>>>>>> = E - 80

Just so you guys know......

thats how you guys make it....but its shipped differently around the US I thought? like up here in the northeast we get lower grades before everyone else

Jrock909

Established Member
Just depends on if the gas station has the capability of blending their own blends of ethanol and gas, some do some don't, so they have to rely on the refineries to blend it for them......

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Car is being dyno'd today and I'll post up the numbers when we get them. Also hopefully my tester from Summit gets here and I'll see exactly what gas is in the car.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm checking the E85 which is supposed to be close to E70 and I've checked it twice and both times it checked between E93 and E95. Thoughts, and yes I'm doing the test correctly.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I'm checking the E85 which is supposed to be close to E70 and I've checked it twice and both times it checked between E93 and E95. Thoughts, and yes I'm doing the test correctly.

So, what you are saying is that your precision is great, but your accuracy is to be determined :)? Just giving you a hard time. I'd go out on a limb and say that your tester might not be the best if it's reading 93 and 95. Can someone let me know what this tester is and how it is used? I haven't seen one or done any testing with one, so I am just curious. Thanks.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
So, what you are saying is that your precision is great, but your accuracy is to be determined :)? Just giving you a hard time. I'd go out on a limb and say that your tester might not be the best if it's reading 93 and 95. Can someone let me know what this tester is and how it is used? I haven't seen one or done any testing with one, so I am just curious. Thanks.

It's the Quick Fuel Tester from Summit Racing.

You fill with water to the first line clearly marked, then fill with the Corn Fuel to the next line clearly marked, shake for a second or two, and then let it sit. Read the result and that's all there is to it.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
E85 dyno was 517hp this morning

110 Octane put out 510hp a few minutes ago

We're going to make another pull with the 110 and then drain the tank again, put the E85 back in the car, then redyno one last session to compare. Poor car.

That's as good of testing as I can do.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
E85----------------517hp
110 Octane--------510 and 515hp

We're doing one pull at 22*'s of timing for both fuels also. Car is still on the dyno now and I'll post the numbers when I get them.

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
It's the Quick Fuel Tester from Summit Racing.

You fill with water to the first line clearly marked, then fill with the Corn Fuel to the next line clearly marked, shake for a second or two, and then let it sit. Read the result and that's all there is to it.

It would definitely be hard to f that one up. Maybe you just have a good source of corn :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread