E-85 Pulley for 700hp+ TVS

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I'm just wonder what pulley I need to run a TVS 2.3L at 700hp+. I was thinking I would go as far as I could with upper only, and hope to get close to 700, but I'm thinking about throwing a lower on to land me in the 700's and avoid belt slip. I'm somewhat sketchy about the lower because of the crank breakage... so I'm not sure yet.

Any experience on this? I am between the 2.6 upper only, I have a tensioner on already but I'm wondering if it is going to slip too much. I could be happy at 700 otherwise. If going with a lower is going to give me 725, no belt slip and no broken snout.. I might go that route.

Thoughts?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I ran a 3.0 upper and a 4lb lower making 22psi thru 1-7/8ths headers with 3” collectors, 3” or/x pipe and a 3” catback. That combo was good for 720hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think the crank issue is more with the bigger blowers. I personally haven't seen any broken cranks from the 2.3. But I guess it's possible.

Comp04svt

Established Member
I am currently on a 3.1 upper and 4lb lower. Nets me 19psi and 685 hp/640 tq wheel. This was on a mustang dyno, so maybe right at or near 700 on a dynojet.

I haven't heard or seen issues with broken cranks with the TVS either, like said above. But, make sure you change out your alternator pulley if you go the lower route.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running a 2.6 upper and had it carbinite coated. I'm also using a whipple adjustable aux idler and thump tensioner. It's been working fine for me.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TP 112

Established Member
My gen 1 TVS on E with 3 upper / 4 lower @ 22 psi makes 704.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread