E-85

fearthesnake

Established Member
I should have come around much sooner and converted to E-85, there are so many reasons why especially if it's readily available in your area.

But after driving the last 2 days on it, the biggest win for me is getting rid of the nasty 93 octane - obnoxious gas fumes.

If anyone is running off-road exhaust currently and contemplating a switch to E-85 - DO IT!.

I had an off road X-pipe but installed ARH LTH and off road H-Pipe to go with the Corsa Sports. Can now drive around town without the nasty odor/exhaust from the 93. Much more pleasant with the windows up or down. Literally almost the same as stock exhaust fumes, maybe a little sweeter actually.

One other note, I haven't been able to open up throttle yet until I get the custom tune/dyno session on Thursday but this setup is MUCH nicer and deeper sounds than the raspy X-Pipe and stock manifolds at any RPM level under 4K. Huge fan so far. Can't wait to see what this setup produces as finally have the final setup been wanting for some time now.

Needless to say, there will be a used off road X Pipe for sell in the Market forum soon if anyone is in the market for one.

01yellercobra

Established Member
My son's bedroom is right above the garage and he usually has his window open. He enjoys when I fire up my car and let it idle for a bit. The other day I came back from the gym and the wife had let the fish go on the stove a little too long. She was thankful the E85 smell helped cover it up.

fearthesnake

Established Member
My son's bedroom is right above the garage and he usually has his window open. He enjoys when I fire up my car and let it idle for a bit. The other day I came back from the gym and the wife had let the fish go on the stove a little too long. She was thankful the E85 smell helped cover it up.
Lol, yet another benefit of it. Febreeze qualities!

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
93 ultra Sunoco (Official Gas Of NASCAR) for the SS. Never had any issues with it!!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Pump e-85 is OK.I would suggest that people go to L&M engines site and go to the Tech part and go down to the truth about E-85.This guy works at

Injector Dynamics.​

Here’s the link:

Also it’s from 2014 or older so it could use an update.
I’ve always tested our pump E85 and now run my car on Ethanol One R when pushing it (pump E85 just for street fun or 50/50).
If you have quality pump E85 local to you it’s still the best choice IMO.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Here’s the link:

Also it’s from 2014 or older so it could use an update.
I’ve always tested our pump E85 and now run my car on Ethanol One R when pushing it (pump E85 just for street fun or 50/50).
If you have quality pump E85 local to you it’s still the best choice IMO.
-J
All good stuff and always test pump E85, I started running VP X85 in mine because the pump E85 close to me was testing like E98, that's a little crazy. But if someone isn't tuned to run ethanol that high it won't end well. E85 is great, just use common sense and test it.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
switch to e85 and I can promise you wont go back lol.
If I decide to upgrade to Motec 150 PNP ECU. Which is in the cards........I reassure you I will give it a try........(y). If thats the route........I'll also install an ethanol zeitronix content analyzer to reassure im getting the good stuff. Zeitronix has quality products!!

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
All good stuff and always test pump E85, I started running VP X85 in mine because the pump E85 close to me was testing like E98, that's a little crazy. But if someone isn't tuned to run ethanol that high it won't end well. E85 is great, just use common sense and test it.
When i get mine back ,i was thinking c-85 or 110 octane.There is a place about 15 from me that has that 110.

Users who are viewing this thread