E55 AMG's are Slow

DRIVN Ind.

Clothing Hustler
Established Member
well, compared to the rest of his cars they are haha. Twinvipers and I went to the track today with another friend of ours, and he took his daily driver 2006 E55 AMG he just picked up. Car is bone stock down to the stock street tires.

The car went an an [email protected] (~1.82 '60) after an hour and 15 minute drive to the track with the ac on the whole way, full weight plus some minor additional weight like jackets, cooler, and shit, no cooldown time (minus the time it took him to stop and let some air out of his tires). He backed up the pass with a 12.06@116 (~1.89 '60). He also went a 12.2 and a 12.8 spinning.

We thought for a second it may have been a record but one has been 11.90@117 before, but he was happy with the pass. He might try and break the record but it was a really cool day today and he is going to just start modding.

Anyway here is the video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l0FCTRyvAw"]YouTube - stock E55 AMG goes 11.99@116 (JUGRNAUT Prod.)[/ame]

:beer: :rockon:

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
AMG's are THE most overpriced cars imo. Before most of you get upset, I mean that in the aspect that depreciation on them is beyond comprehension for most. I feel bad for the guys that buy them new and take the first hit.

SL65's which go for close to 200k, can be had with like 5k miles for 75k.

out of all, E55 holds the price the best but not that great either.

Great time to the op...

Last edited:

red00lght

Established Member
When I saw the title to this thread I rolled my eyes big time thinking it was another thread bashing the E55. Glad to read I was wrong!
There is a very popular Benz forum that I keep an eye on for the classifieds. There are now well-cared-for low mileage 2003 E55's going for $30k. Can't beat that deal for one of the baddest 4 doors on the planet!
When my lease is over on my G35 in a year and a half, I'm seriously looking at picking up a 2005 CL65. That is a true beast of a car that has dropped about $150k in value! :banana:

Stangkillin99ss

8 UR SVT
Established Member
AMG's are THE most overpriced cars imo. Before most of you get upset, I mean that in the aspect that depreciation on them is beyond comprehension for most. I feel bad for the guys that buy them new and take the first hit.

Great time to the op...

Im sorry but what planet are you from? Maybe a SL65 thats 5yrs old going for that. If you can find me a NEW 200k SL65 going for 75k id probably buy it. Again its all relative, you make more money, you spend more money. Don't hate on someone cause they choose to drive a 200k car. Also YOU shouldn't feel bad for the guy who takes the hit on the car, cause I'm sure he doesn't feel bad driving it. When you have that kind of money to spend on a car, you rarely care about the loss your taking trading it in.

Cheers

red00lght

Established Member
The AMG Benzes do depreciate unbelievably fast...especially the first 3 years of life. That is why the majority of people lease them for the first few years. The people that can afford it think nothing of a 2k per month lease. Must be nice!! :shrug:

Common

Established Member
Im sorry but what planet are you from? Maybe a SL65 thats 5yrs old going for that. If you can find me a NEW 200k SL65 going for 75k id probably buy it. Again its all relative, you make more money, you spend more money. Don't hate on someone cause they choose to drive a 200k car. Also YOU shouldn't feel bad for the guy who takes the hit on the car, cause I'm sure he doesn't feel bad driving it. When you have that kind of money to spend on a car, you rarely care about the loss your taking trading it in.

Cheers

:lol:

what? where did I say brand new or you just have problems reading English?

First of all, the didn't make these 5 years ago.

Second, IF you had ANY brain cells left over you would do a basic search before talking like a tool.

Here is one for 69k, son:rollseyes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:727|65:12|39:1|240:1308

Here is one, ONE year old, for 73k....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:727|65:12|39:1|240:1308

go buy them baller.....:lol:

DRIVN Ind.

Clothing Hustler
Established Member

Great time to the op...

yep. why i would never buy one new. to be honest there arent alot of cars I would buy new. Id have to have stupid, ridiculous, bill gates money to buy a 200k car new. it just doesnt make much sense when say for example I want a rolls phantom, but they are 350-400k new. I can buy an 05 which is the same thing essentially for 200k. get the same effect, and you didnt spend a shitload more than you had to.

either way E55's have gotten really reasonable as of late, I have found a few really nice 03's for around 24k with about 40k miles. if i didnt want a viper so bad Id prolly pick one up as a DD.

DRIVN Ind.

Clothing Hustler
Established Member
damn they already have music playing at the tracks. we dont need it in the video. it just ruins the video that much more.

every ****ing time I make a video, at least one person makes a comment like this.

ALL OF MY VIDEOS HAVE MUSIC. if it bothers you that much, do not watch any more of my videos.

thnx.

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
a little off topic but i have to mention it. SL65 black series, V12 biturbo:bowdown:

Finally got to see one in person and wow...mercedes did a hell of a job:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread