E85 Conversion?

CobraJay

Established Member
I have an 03 Grand Cherokee Limited V8. I get decent MPG but always nice if it was better.. Has anyone ever used any of those kits to convert to E85? Any horror stories/success stories? Looks fairly simple to convert. This is the kit I'm looking into.

E85 Conversion Kits Change2E85.com

65fastback2+2

Established Member
look up your stock injectors and pumps....might could get away with tune only if they'll flow 30% more

CobraJay

Established Member
If I'm not misreading what you are saying, you basically want to increase your gas mileage? E85 is NOT going to help with that.

May get better responses here: The Distillery - SVTPerformance

Your right man.. I worded that wrong. Wasn't expecting to get more MPG from E85. Looking to get more fuel-cheaper. E85 burns faster though from what I've read a while back. Not sure

GodStang

Established Member
Due to the tax breaks being bye bye on E85 the price has gone way up. Last year December 2011 price difference was like $.50 now it is only $.10 in my area. With 30% more fuel needed for E85 the swap is not worth it.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Your right man.. I worded that wrong. Wasn't expecting to get more MPG from E85. Looking to get more fuel-cheaper. E85 burns faster though from what I've read a while back. Not sure

E85 burns slower, which is why it's used in performance applications. The reason your MPG will go down is because it has quite a bit less energy than conventional gasoline.

IIRC it has about a 115 octane rating.

GodStang

Established Member
E85 burns slower, which is why it's used in performance applications. The reason your MPG will go down is because it has quite a bit less energy than conventional gasoline.

IIRC it has about a 115 octane rating.

105 is the more common mention on octane rating but I have seen lab tests that rate it from 96-115 octane. I had a big thread about this awhile back and the claim was closest to 105 when tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread