E85 Dyno Sheet

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Car: 2012 5.0 Auto
Mods to engine: 47lb Ford Racing Injectors, Driver/Passenger Oil Sperators
Exhaust: Cat deletes, Lethal X-pipe, Bassani Mufflers
Transmission: Stock
Driveline: Stock (just added aluminum drive shaft but it was after this dyno)
Fuel: Pump E85
Tune: Central Texas Performance (CTP): Jeff Smith, DynoJet & Street

I never got a baseline so this is just final results. Not a big deal but thought I would share and see other peoples thoughts.
WHSTLRDyno_zpsf8c5aa65.jpg

kingcobra323

Established Member
Numbers seem pretty good. How does the car feel? Do think it was worth it? I'm also thinking of e85 on my 13 auto

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
It is definately worth it.... Until you lose several o2 sensors, then not as much. But it is easy to swap fuel and tune if you want to go to track or road course, etc

kingcobra323

Established Member
I've read people burned the o2 sensors because of certain header designs and o2s adjusted mounting positions. Or is it the same no mater what you are running. I have cat deletes

Fun4me

Established Member
I've read people burned the o2 sensors because of certain header designs and o2s adjusted mounting positions. Or is it the same no mater what you are running. I have cat deletes
The rear sensors are turned off in the catless tune. I havent seen any e85 related o2 sensor failures posted w/ the stock manifold.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I had around 2,500 miles on E85 with stock exhaust manifolds and never had an 02 sensor failure.

Then once I swapped in pypes long tubes I had 3 drivers side 02 sensor failures in 150 miles.

Relocated the 02 sensors with wires pointed up and now have not had anymore problems.

I think E85 is worth the power increase and safety if you can get it easily.

-Thomas

Chaney5.0

Seems to be a conservative tune. I would guess more 420-430 HP range honestly.

Then again people need to realize you CAN NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES COMPARE dyno's from car to car. Esp if they are done on different days, different states, different seasons, different DA's on different dynos. I have had my c6 dynoed at 3 different places. Two here in Houston and one on a trip to Dallas. Same mods, with only months separating them had 590hp/610, 583hp/607, and in Dallas 570hp/595 those being the best of 3 pulls each visit...

faztcobra

Established Member
Seems to be a conservative tune. I would guess more 420-430 HP range honestly.

Then again people need to realize you CAN NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES COMPARE dyno's from car to car. Esp if they are done on different days, different states, different seasons, different DA's on different dynos. I have had my c6 dynoed at 3 different places. Two here in Houston and one on a trip to Dallas. Same mods, with only months separating them had 590hp/610, 583hp/607, and in Dallas 570hp/595 those being the best of 3 pulls each visit...
That's about right for an auto, maybe slightly conservative. I dynoed 431/409 with a 6sp/3.73s/lethal offroad H/drop in K&N/GT 500 muffs.

Users who are viewing this thread