e85 gains???

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
what is needed to convert to e85?
I heard the e85 will hurt any rubber parts, Is a specific fuel pump needed?
I have a basic bolt on car. will I need injectors,bap just to run e85?
what's the gains with no other mod besides tuning for it of coarse?
I plan on keeping it na for now with a 150 shot of nitrous.

Molonlabemike

Established Member
With Nitrous you will need a BAP and larger 47lb injectors and a new tune. With the BAP you will wire it to only activate with Nitrous.

You will gain 10-30hp with E depending on your tune and parts.

Keep in mind you will go through oil faster with E and you will also need to run 91 every few tanks to clean out the fuel system. Also never leave your car stored with E... Also order a E85 tester to make sure your always getting a good batch if E.

turbosha

Established Member
my car sits 5 days a week under the car port. will this hurt anything?
will I have to reload the tune every time I switch from 93 to e85?
starting to sound like a hassle.
is there an e85 friendly fuel system so that I can leave e85 in all the time?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
With Nitrous you will need a BAP and larger 47lb injectors and a new tune. With the BAP you will wire it to only activate with Nitrous.

Keep in mind you will go through oil faster with E and you will also need to run 91 every few tanks to clean out the fuel system. Also never leave your car stored with E... Also order a E85 tester to make sure your always getting a good batch if E.

You wont go through oil faster. Just need to use oil designed for alternate fuels.

Also you do not need to run 91 to clean out your fuel system.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Well I actually run e85. I run amsoil dominator 10w30. Ive pulled my fuel pump out before and found no debris or black crap on the bottom that people claim to find with e85. Ive tested the e85 and always had over 85%

N/A and nitrous all you need is 47# injectors. Maybe a BAP for nitrous.

These fuel systems are e85 friendly. It will hurt nothing besides your mpg's.

BV600

Established Member

I think there is some misleading info in this post....

faztcobra

Established Member
You will also need to run 91 every few tanks to clean out the fuel system.

Also you do not need to run 91 to clean out your fuel system.
I'm more interested in this topic. I've read in several places that you should. And in the beginning of the year, I did run regular gas (93) about every third/fourth tank. But since June (arrival of summer), I've ran straight E85.

What is the theory behind running regular gas every few tanks? What is it cleaning out (if anything)?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I would like to hear from some more long term e85 users....

What's up with you lately making these weird ass threads about stuff that has been covered multiple times. If you want to run e85 then run it, it will not harm anything other then your fuel mileage. It will add a little bit of power and be 10x safer.

Long term users? Ive ran e85 for months at a time.

I'm more interested in this topic. I've read in several places that you should. And in the beginning of the year, I did run regular gas (93) about every third/fourth tank. But since June (arrival of summer), I've ran straight E85.

What is the theory behind running regular gas every few tanks? What is it cleaning out (if anything)?

There is no theory behind it, Ive seen nothing wrong with running e85 and not "cleaning" it out.

turbosha

Established Member
What's up with you lately making these weird ass threads about stuff that has been covered multiple times.

what do you care, are you cyber stalking me?
nobody makes you click on my threads.
I don't spend every waking minute here ,reading every single thread, everyone starts.
so how am I supposed to know what's covered.?
I don't do much searching because the questions never have the answer I want.:nonono:

Molonlabemike

Established Member

Always been told it will help clean out the fuel system, there may be cleaners out thre but 91/93 will work just as good.

Users who are viewing this thread