E85 Taurus SHO vs E85 WRX

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Not the coolest of videos as I was just wanting to get some exhaust notes on video, but my buddy did get on it with me during one of my pulls and I was happy with the outcome.

Quick notes on mods:

1995 Taurus SHO - Forged 3.2L, Vortech T-trim @ 16 PSI, Water-meth injection, 3" exhaust, E85
2006 WRX Wagon - VF39, STi TMIC, External Wastegate, Equal Length Headers, CAI, 3" exhaust, E85, 21 PSI

[youtube_browser]dnUZLkkdNrg[/youtube_browser]

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
a blown SHO! holy crap that thing moves out. whats the torque steer like?

would love a 3.2 swapped manual SHO+ package with all the fiberglass stuff. a friend had one for years and even with a bit of spray it moved the hell out.

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments! We only did 3rd gear pulls as 1and 2 spin. I hope to get the car on the dyno this month as I haven't done that since going E85.

a blown SHO! holy crap that thing moves out. whats the torque steer like?

You have to keep your hands on the wheel as it will try and take you in the next lane with the wheel straight.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice SHO. I always liked the early ones. Almost bought a new one back in '93. Nice pull in that first race. E85 is fun, isn't it. :)

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Very nice SHO. I always liked the early ones. Almost bought a new one back in '93. Nice pull in that first race. E85 is fun, isn't it. :)

Yes, E85 is awesome. It woke my 20G STi up as well. I pretty much push everyone around here to go E85 because it's everywhere.

Love that SHO!

Thanks! Wish I could drive it, but it's been parked prior to the white stuff falling.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Nice SHO! I loved my red '95 5-speed. She was a fantastic car, right up until when an old man rear-ended me at 35mph - downhill - while I was stopped in line at the end of an on-ramp waiting to merge. I saw him coming, and inched forward...and over toward the guard rail...but there was nowhere for me to go. I put my head back, foot hard on the brake, both hands hard on the wheel, and watched him bear down on me. He hit me so hard that he shot me 4-5 carlengths forward into an old F150 in front of me that was also waiting to merge. The old coot that hit me never even hit his brakes, nor did he apologize for hitting me, even after I ran out into traffic to pull him out of his car that rolled out into 2 busy lanes.

In a somewhat happy ending to the story, I bought the car back from the insurance company for $200, then sold it for the same price to my buddy, who turned the car into an enduro racer. So far, the car has survived 7 100-lap races, with several finishes in the top 10 ( and these crazy races have 60-70 cars in them on a 1/2 mile dirt track ). She sounds wicked with a straight pipe turning 7000 rpms in 2nd gear down the front and back straights!

yamahaSHO

Established Member
I meant to post this to give a good idea about the WRX in the video. It gets up and moves pretty good. This video is before installing the equal length header (which is installed in the first video).

[youtube_browser]wpgieaoLORc[/youtube_browser]

Very nice any more videos/pictures of the SHO? I love it

Thank you. Yep, I've actually got lots of pics. Here are a few, however, I have more detailed pics and such at www.cardomain.com/id/yamahasho

16029999_large.jpg

16047801_large.jpg

Had to take a pic of my first tank of E85. :)

16047834_large.jpg

Previous wheels
26748934004_large.jpg

26748930091_large.jpg

26748930011_large.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread