Eagle tampon vs C6 Z..From a dig...

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
Z O SICK said:
The Vette got killed. AWD owns all, well almost all that is.

I raced my biddies 05 STI from a dig. He had boost comtrol, intake, exhaust, and maybe some other stuff I don't quite know. Anyways I had DRs on and I had a 100 shot and I caught him before the end of second gear. He put about 3-4 cars on me off the launch and I caught him. It's all about how you drive the car and knowing what you are up against. I agree the vette should have some drs or slicks on to make it a little closer but you race what you brought.

SpadzMach

Established Member
that race was in my city. The guy just ran his car a couple weekends ago, ran a best 11.07 @ 133MPH i believe. From what i heard he blew the head gasket on it though. I went to school with him, hes done A LOT of work on that car! LOTS of time and patience. He also raced a viper about 2 weeks before the vette, beat that also.

Misfitflesh

Established Member
Ooooh geez I cant believe theres people complaining about the race being from a dig, thats how a drag race goes people. You have someone or something flag you and you take off at the same time. Thats how its always been done, I dont know where all this from a roll bs came from?

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
:rolleyes: Talk about a double standard. I can't count how many times I've heard "Roll races are teh GAY" "Digs are where its at". Now its soundly opposite........Irony much? :bash:

Lankhoss

Established Member
AWD gives the driver such a ridiculous advantage from a dig, it's a waste of time even trying to race with a 2WD car.

UNLESS.....you have specifically built your car, and had tons of practice launching yours out of the hole. 90% of the people who make these entertaining street videos don't do that. So you get cars with half the horsepower beating the hell out of a 2WD car.

Here's a video of me racing a 300rwhp Skyline:

http://media.putfile.com/Z06-vs-Skyline-240

Now I know that the Talon in this video is a faster car than the Z06. But, personally, I'd rather see it winning by a couple cars after a good run rather than it annihilating the thing like it did in this video.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
zerocool said:
:rolleyes: Talk about a double standard. I can't count how many times I've heard "Roll races are teh GAY" "Digs are where its at". Now its soundly opposite........Irony much? :bash:

That's how it's always been..The automatic guys will tell you 24/7 that racing from a roll is "teh gay". The 5/6spd guys with big hp will say the opposite. It's whoever has the advantage wants to race by their terms or else it's unfair. Regardless that Talon supposedly traps 133mph; he might have put a hurtin from a roll too.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Lankhoss said:
http://media.putfile.com/Z06-vs-Skyline-240

Now I know that the Talon in this video is a faster car than the Z06. But, personally, I'd rather see it winning by a couple cars after a good run rather than it annihilating the thing like it did in this video.

Yeah, but you can drive..It happens all the time, the AWD car launches like a bat out of hell and his opponent can't drive for shit. Hell it can happen with two RWD cars racing..Look up "SillyCobra" and his videos, he posts videos all the time of a Cam / Bolt-on / gutted EVO kicking the shit out of big HP cars with horrible drivers behind the wheel. Oh well..

Lankhoss

Established Member
fastkars.com said:
That's how it's always been..The automatic guys will tell you 24/7 that racing from a roll is "teh gay". The 5/6spd guys with big hp will say the opposite. It's whoever has the advantage wants to race by their terms or else it's unfair. Regardless that Talon supposedly traps 133mph; he might have put a hurtin from a roll too.

No matter how good I drive, I'm not gonna beat an AWD car from a dig. Only (like I posted earlier) if I had slicks, built rearend, and plenty of practice.

I just....I dunno. It's gonna usually go one of two ways. They're both pretty equal cars and the AWD car beats the hell out of the RWD car because of its advantage, or the AWD car is way slower, and gets a gigantic lead at the beginning, then reeled in and passed like mad (like in my video) halfway through the race. Neither are very entertaining to me.

AWD vs. AWD or RWD vs. RWD from a dig is fun to watch, though.

EDIT: The Z will run an 11.5 with a good driver, and hasn't trapped over 127 stock yet. 11.2 was achieved by Ranger on drag radials. Even with DR's he couldn't break a 1.7 60' (I think).

EDIT 2: I meant to quote your reply to my response, not the one that's in this post. But, uh...it's way too much work for me to try to fix it heh

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
scorcher2005 said:
c6 z06s run what...11.2 w/ a good driver? The caption at the beginning of the vid said 11 sec DSM...i think the vette needs the driver mod ;-)

If what a previous poster said was accurate, the Talon also traps at 133mph - well past a stock C6 Z06's trap, although I am pretty sure if they ran all the gears out, the 'Vette will eventually pass the Talon - doubt if the Talon can do 200 safely.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
What they didn't show is the Tsi exploding at the end of the race. A good friend of mine has a 350ish AWHP Tsi and that thing is constantly on jackstands.

Give the some slicks is all I have to say.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Lankhoss said:
No matter how good I drive, I'm not gonna beat an AWD car from a dig. Only (like I posted earlier) if I had slicks, built rearend, and plenty of practice.

You caught that skyline and passed him..:shrug: It's not hard to get a decent launch and pass like you did in that vid above. All I'm saying is it goes both ways....You want to race from a roll because that's how your car performs best, someone who owns a DSM wants to race from a dig for the same reason.

I've owned 2 AWD cars, one making 430+whp and I have been beat on the street plenty of times from a dig. My car launched hard too...All it took was a good driver and a car making enough power to pass me @ around 60mph. :pepper:

Lankhoss

Established Member
fastkars.com said:
You caught that skyline and passed him..:shrug: It's not hard to get a decent launch and pass like you did in that vid above. All I'm saying is it goes both ways....You want to race from a roll because that's how your car performs best, someone who owns a DSM wants to race from a dig for the same reason.

I've owned 2 AWD cars, one making 430+whp and I have been beat on the street plenty of times from a dig. My car launched hard too...All it took was a good driver and a car making enough power to pass me @ around 60mph. :pepper:

I caught that Skyline because I have 200 MORE RWHP than him, and my car is lighter. It had nothing to do with my "driving skills" or anything like that.

I wouldn't have even raced him, except he insisted on it. Why? Because I have a major advantage over him....and I don't think it's fun to race someone at such a huge disadvantage.

But like I said earlier....you're gonna have a race like mine (major hp advantage, but AWD blows them out of the water), or pretty equal cars, having the AWD blow the RWD away.

john_o

New SHO Poster
Established Member
Lankhoss said:
I hate seeing AWD cars racing ANY 2WD cars from a dig. It's just........retarded.
:lol: :lol:

No kiddin, why even bother... the 2WD had better have one helluva HP advantage to catch up, but when the 2 cars are that close, it's just pointless...

Heck, listen to the start of the race. All the Talon has to do is a 2 step launch:

1)WOT
2)Dump clutch

....and all w/e crazy amounts of HP hook up and go...instantly. Like NOW.

Give the Vette a rolling start...it still looked like the DSM would win, but at least the Z06 would have a chance...

Gotta hand it to the DSM tho, a good kill is a good kill...and I know I get a satisfaction out of beating cars that cost much more with a cheap sleeper. :D

I'll have to agree with the crowd tho, I'd take even a C5 Z06 over any Mitsubishi. Kinda why I bought an '89 Vette; could've built a fast Z28 or Mustang GT, but I'd have the same car as every other teenager with a loud V6. :rollseyes

~John

Last edited:

Lankhoss

Established Member
john_o said:
:lol: :lol:

No kiddin, why even bother... the 2WD had better have one helluva HP advantage to catch up, but when the 2 cars are that close, it's just pointless...

Heck, listen to the start of the race. All the Talon has to do is a 2 step launch:

1)WOT
2)Dump clutch

....and all w/e crazy amounts of HP hook up and go...instantly. Like NOW.

Give the Vette a rolling start...it still looked like the DSM would win, but at least the Z06 would have a chance...

Gotta hand it to the DSM tho, a good kill is a good kill...and I know I get a satisfaction out of beating cars that cost much more with a cheap sleeper. :D

I'll have to agree with the crowd tho, I'd take even a C5 Z06 over any Mitsubishi. Kinda why I bought an '89 Vette; could've built a fast Z28 or Mustang, but I'd have the same car as every other teenager with a loud V6. :rollseyes

~John

My thoughts exactly.

john_o

New SHO Poster
Established Member
Lankhoss said:
My thoughts exactly.

Haha yeah I kinda posted that before I finished reading everything, sorry...I tend to get lazy and just skip to the end and post what I'm thinking after about halfway...:bash:

I guess great minds think alike, what can I say?? lol

~John

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Lankhoss said:
I caught that Skyline because I have 200 MORE RWHP than him, and my car is lighter. It had nothing to do with my "driving skills" or anything like that.

I wouldn't have even raced him, except he insisted on it. Why? Because I have a major advantage over him....and I don't think it's fun to race someone at such a huge disadvantage.

But like I said earlier....you're gonna have a race like mine (major hp advantage, but AWD blows them out of the water), or pretty equal cars, having the AWD blow the RWD away.

He is losing 25-30% drivetrain loss, your losing less than half of that. ;-) That's why even if two cars are somewhat equal the RWD car still has more top-end, (higher trap) to catch up. It's like saying it's impossible for a stock Ls1 fbody to beat a stock EVO from a stop. Where the EVO is running mid-low 13's @ 103-105mph the LS1 is running the same @ 105-108mph. The EVO will run a quicker 330 but after that a well driven LS1 will gain ground. If you factor in drivetrain loss the LS1 only makes maybe 15-20whp more with 200lbs more weight. It comes out to be a drivers race, so "driver skill" means EVERYTHING!!! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread