Eagle tampon vs C6 Z..From a dig...

bluestreak89

Established Member
scorcher2005 said:
c6 z06s run what...11.2 w/ a good driver? The caption at the beginning of the vid said 11 sec DSM...i think the vette needs the driver mod ;-)

Rarely will a C6Z run 11.2 and even that time is with drag radials which this car could have used in this run badly. Driver mod will help. but not enough to come close to winning on stock tires on the street in the Z. I dont even think the great ranger coulda won that one.

Funny thing is that the losers anthem "I would still take the place name of loser vehicle here" has expanded to all the really expensive cars the Z06 can beat on. In this case the vette got a taste of their own medicine. I do agree, not many vids of the Z06 losing. I figured some of these 7,8,9XX rwhp stangs would have gotten some vide by now.

2 Step is a beast. Not fair at all versus non drag radial car. I think this talon would have pulled from a roll too though by the looks of things. If the motor holds up maybe up to about 150 or so could hold that Z off from a roll.

+1 on the title making me laugh

Lankhoss

Established Member
I think one of the main reasons you don't see videos of Z's losing is because there really aren't that many out there. And the ones that ARE out there, are usually owned by older guys that make them garage queens. I mean, I'm not trying to stereotype....but there's a really small chance of running into a new Z06 on the road that "wants to play"

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
And there's probably less chance of running into a car that would beat the C6 Z, even in stock form. :D If the Z is bolt-on (500 RWHP), that's a ~130 MPH trap car at least, not much on the street is going to run with that.

When you think about how a 590 RWHP KB Cobra still isn't quite fast enough to run with a basic bolt-on ~500 RWHP Z06, that's pretty crazy.

Add a cam and a 120 shot of nitrous ontop of the bolt-ons, and that's a ~143 MPH car.

Last edited:

02 Z06

Squeze me please me
Established Member
I race from a dig. not the best at it but with M/T radials i can hold my own plenty good against the local awd cars. in most cases if an awd car does get a better launch im usually passing by second gear(No nitrous). the c6z is a nasty car and takes to mods like a fish to water. no doubt with a clutch, tires and tune great drivers would get 10's out of an otherwise stock c6z06. Ranger is fast but have any of you seen the air he runs in? DA's under 100ft damn....

rezcobra

Established Member
instantmassege said:
Just saw the vid...damn that Z was not going to catch up! the talon just kept pulling!

Nah man, C6 Z's can't lose. Gotta be something wrong wit the video! LOL

NeverEndn

Established Member
Ok to answer all your guys questions! That race was taken here in Windsor, where i live. The guy driving the ZO6 was not the owner of the car, and the vette only had 100km on it, so he said he didnt want to rev it out in all the gears and beat the shit out of it , without the owners permission , thats why there will soon be a rematch. The guy driving the vette also drives a 9sec Z28 so he knows how to drive. Now other story the guy in the Talon , says he beat him fair and square, but whatever i say go from a roll or rematch. Now the Talon is no slouch tho!!! So there is a good chance that the Z06 will have trouble beating the Talon. The Talon runs on race gas at like 20psi and has shepard transmission, his best run this year at the track was 11.07. The Z06 was bone stock!

ViciousJay

Established Member
that vette was down to stock form including tires....i know all you guys are gonna flame me for saying this but give that vette a DR and a decent driver and that could make it for a drivers race.....

mikes93cobra

Established Member
did any of you read the comments on streetfire? whenever something like this happens all the little ricers are saying 2.0 liter > 7.0 liter. i hate the fact that these retards think this is a stock motor talon, bottom end would have been gone by now easy.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Moments later the DSM crank walked and was only able to run on two cylinders... also in some other unexplained incident everytime you put he turn signal on the engine would misfire and the doors would lock and unlock.

J/k but seriously the funny things in life are true...and let me tell ya those things I just mentioned have happend to almost every one of the DSM I have seen or worked on.

Lankhoss

Established Member
NeverEndn said:
Ok to answer all your guys questions! That race was taken here in Windsor, where i live. The guy driving the ZO6 was not the owner of the car, and the vette only had 100km on it, so he said he didnt want to rev it out in all the gears and beat the shit out of it , without the owners permission , thats why there will soon be a rematch. The guy driving the vette also drives a 9sec Z28 so he knows how to drive. Now other story the guy in the Talon , says he beat him fair and square, but whatever i say go from a roll or rematch. Now the Talon is no slouch tho!!! So there is a good chance that the Z06 will have trouble beating the Talon. The Talon runs on race gas at like 20psi and has shepard transmission, his best run this year at the track was 11.07. The Z06 was bone stock!

Was this race for money????? Why would someone race like that, knowing they can't even push their car to its potential?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
zerocool said:
:rolleyes: Talk about a double standard. I can't count how many times I've heard "Roll races are teh GAY" "Digs are where its at". Now its soundly opposite........Irony much? :bash:

+1

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Wait...I'm not on Supraforums?! Races happen from a stop?:lol:

Stop bitching please. Corvette lost. Shouldn't be too difficult. I would take a Z06 any day of the week over that DSM or my Evo, but in the race shown the 'Vette lost plain and simple. Get over it.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Lankhoss said:
You obviously didn't read my other posts.

You said if you had slicks and a built rear, those are mods.

A really aggressive pinion angle on a stick car can do wonders as long as there aren't any weak links and really crappy/stock drivetrain parts that can't handle the shock.

Mod for mod all bets are off, but stock to modded, I see where you are coming from.

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Lankhoss said:
You obviously didn't read my other posts.
Wah hell damn ya Chebby sonofabitch! Whatcha 'ourghta do is getchee a Fahve Oh, tub it out, 4.56 rear, GT40 manifold, trick flow intake, Pro Fahve Oh shifter, K&N, flowmasters, slicks 'n skinnies. I got a buddy, with a damn 89 Notch, runnin' six twanny's awl day in tha' eighth, he wuz mileanhaur'in like a sonofabitch too! That's whatchee gotta get if you want to be fast and run with them AWD ricers. You juzta ricer like they is, runnin' from a ricer roll all the time I seen in your vids. It ain't a race if it ain't from a dig! Run whatchee brung and hope ye done brung enough buddy!

Sheat, ye done got me awl worked up now, reckon ah'll go put a chew in, get me some of that Skoal mint.

Last edited:

Lankhoss

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
Wah hell damn ya Chebby sonofabitch! Whatcha 'ourghta do is getchee a Fahve Oh, tub it out, 4.56 rear, GT40 manifold, trick flow intake, Pro Fahve Oh shifter, K&N, flowmasters, slicks 'n skinnies. I got a buddy, with a damn 89 Notch, runnin' six twanny's awl day in tha' eighth, he wuz mileanhaur'in like a sonofabitch too! That's whatchee gotta get if you want to be fast and run with them AWD ricers. You juzta ricer like they is, runnin' from a ricer roll all the time I seen in your vids. It ain't a race if it ain't from a dig! Run whatchee brung and hope ye done brung enough buddy!

Sheat, ye done got me awl worked up now, reckon ah'll go put a chew in, get me some of that Skoal mint.

Ha ha!! Damn, got me!! I concede!

Users who are viewing this thread