Eaton Blower Question !!!

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Has anybody ever experiences an Eaton blower from their cobra to start to go back ? and how?
Let me elaborate for an example has anybody started to get a decrease in boost and the blower whine starting to quiet down ?

This appears to be the case of my car and Im hungry for any replys or insights from you terminator owners ... My car is down around 30 Hp and Tq .. Boost is down a couple pounds as well

Anybody ever experience simllar????

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Well I have changed the belt a few times right now i hae a gatorback on.., and i changed the blower oil about 10k ago . Also when it used to make 456 rwhp 484 rwtq it was consistant , Now I dyno'd it on 2 diffeent dyno's and about 8 pulls all ranging the ame power , 421 rwhp 455 tq and its pretty consistant so i am down about 30 30 and the power is still smooth .. just less .

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Doesn't matter what belt you use because they will all work fine. If it's not a pain to put on then it's to loose generally. I'd try that first.

Swaie

Established Member
I don't know about the data, but gates belts smoke gatorback anyday of the week!!! Gates is a local company for me and they always put out a great product...I use to work there.

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
I don't know about the data, but gates belts smoke gatorback anyday of the week!!! Gates is a local company for me and they always put out a great product...I use to work there.

Okay...what you just said makes no sense.
"I don't know about the data" followed by "gates belts smoke gatorback anyday of the week".

So, what you're saying is, though you have no data to support your thoughts, you are certain that gates belts "smoke" gatorback belts? ...tremendous logic.
It's about as logical as the nonsense in your signature...which is ridden with fallacies.

Back to the topic, if you're getting belt slip, EITHER belt will do fine to prevent it, so long as you get the right size. Gatorback belts are more pliable and I have found them to be more forgiving of misaligned pulleys and other factors that can create belt squeal. Gates belts seem to have a longer life expectancy, from what I have experienced. By the way, I have run a number of gates and gatorback, and my preference lies with gatorback. Though, personal preference topples opinion most of the time.

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Well I trully dont think its the belt it took me and a friend to get it on being that it was very tight and had to assist it on the blower pully with a screw driver... its a Reichard 2.8 pully with the vented cuts and 100 mm idler.. there is a little bit of belt dust .. not much though .. Iv noticed most cobras pullied get a little tiny bit of dust .
Iat 2's looked very good . I Have a LFP dual pass exchanger with Duel spal fans . Both tuners from each shop I had my car dyno'd at said my Iat 2s were nowhere near concern.
Same exaxct set up (right after my motor was broken in with nothing else changed )it was making 456/484 and continued to run stong for a while .. With Crappy 1.9 60 ft's on a non prepped track it was cutting 12.0 's alot .. last times i ran it with the current power i lost a couple of tenths same crappy 1.9 60 fts
Not just from placebo but it really seems to not whine as loud as it did

Swaie

Established Member
Don't get all wrapped in your feelings it's just a belt. Ive had more gatorback belts than gates...because I've broken more of them. No don't know the comparison test info, but I like the gates better.

Satyr

Established Member
Is your boost down all the time or does it start off where it should be and then decrease over time?

Sounds like bad gears or a boost leak to me.
Any additional noise coming from the blower (that sounds like the rotors hitting)?

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
If you're down on boost its most likely belt slip or the boost bypass not working correctly.

Now when you talk about the boost bypass not working -how would it malfunction ? im really interested because I have heard that before ... as far as checking the boost bypass but how do iImake sure its fully functional?
Tell me all there is to know about it cause I wanna attack that if its a possibility..

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
If you can have somebody watch the arm on the bypass to ensure it's staying down keeping the valve closed in the blower, you'd have to be on the dyno obviously. :D Have you messed with it at all, taken it off?

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
If you can have somebody watch the arm on the bypass to ensure it's staying down keeping the valve closed in the blower, you'd have to be on the dyno obviously. :D Have you messed with it at all, taken it off?

Well I dont remember messing with it Though in the past my motor has been pulled twice and my eaton has been off before , But from the time that the car ran to its full untill now I dont recall intentionally messing with it , im sure from changing plugs .. cleaning the motor ect im sure it has been brushed on before, So I wont be able to tell if theres anything wrong without having it on the rollers? Come to think of it Neither tuner that has dyno'd my car the last few times asked me to watch the bypass or had anyone else moniter it while making a pull.... Hell while weve been discussing my car between pulls nobody even mentioned the boost bypass.
So how do I correctly comfirm this?

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
Well I dont remember messing with it Though in the past my motor has been pulled twice and my eaton has been off before , But from the time that the car ran to its full untill now I dont recall intentionally messing with it , im sure from changing plugs .. cleaning the motor ect im sure it has been brushed on before, So I wont be able to tell if theres anything wrong without having it on the rollers? Come to think of it Neither tuner that has dyno'd my car the last few times asked me to watch the bypass or had anyone else moniter it while making a pull.... Hell while weve been discussing my car between pulls nobody even mentioned the boost bypass.
So how do I correctly comfirm this?

You were just told how...
You need to get to a dyno and have someone watch the arm on the bypass valve to make sure it is opening and closing properly.

Check the bolts that hold the bypass in place...make sure they're tight and haven't loosened and released the tension in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread