Eaton swap is COMPLETE

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Well, here are a few pics from the build. The swap is finally finished. Took about 3 days to tear down, and 2 to re-install. Somewhere around 30 hours I'd say total. Not straight working on it, but off and on over about a week. A big thanks goes to Archie for basically installing the set-up for me and helping out with a lot of stuff. He's machgsxr on here and M1R. Just waiting for my wideband that's on back order to start tuning.

IMG_5212.jpg

IMG_5216.jpg

IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5221.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5260.jpg

The wires in the last few pics are getting plastic covering soon. I have a couple of things to button up this evening.
:beer:

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Nice swap.

Did you do that in a car port/covered parking?

Hell yes I did! Haha. Well I fired her up this evening and she's puking oil from the driver's side valve cover, so I'll be replacing that tomorrow evening. I'll keep ya updated! Oh and other than the leak, she started like factory. Amazing, I have to say. :)

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Looks good man, i just dropped off my car at the shop today for a eaton swap. I ordered my wideband today and i should have the car tuned and everything by friday.

Cant wait!

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Did you move the IAT to the IAT2 spot or did you just block it off?

-Paul

Sorry, haven't checked this lately. The IAT position is blocked off and I wired into the IAT2 on the blower from the maf.

Quick vid I made.

th_MVI_5300.jpg

Next vid I'll be posting will be of the dyno runs tomorrow! :D

Last edited:

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Yeah, overall, it is a pretty quiet whine. But still audible. Thought not very, over the loud-ass exhaust. Heh. Here's the dyno pull from the other day. This is on the "break-in" tune. So it was pulling timing like a mother. Can't wait to get her fully tuned and running well!

th_MVI_5310.jpg

tr04mach

Established Member
Nice Jeff, finally got it done. Definitely get those numbers up, you'll love it. So much more fun to drive after the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread