Eaton swap on Mach1 is on progress in NB, Canada

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
To every body who sold me parts and my friends, I want to share my project. I'm putting a Eaton blower on my Mach1.
DSCF0012.jpg

I'm doing this project at the school where I'm teaching mechanic to students. I'm not pro mechanic but with all of you and the internet, everytings is possible. Comments are welcom.
Excuse my English, French is my first language.

Marco Thibeault

DSCF1010.jpg

ON the back of the pictur above, there is a mustang 5.0 lx. That car make 1/4 mile in 10 sec with nitro. We are removing the motor with my stydent to do in intern job. Student are so exited to work on this car.

Today I removed many parts like:Bumper cover, drain oil and cooling, took off the shaker, manifold...ect.. It took me arround 3 hour.

DSCF1012.jpg

Tomorrrow I plane to took off the timing cover and grind on the top motor head and prepar everything to start building.

Marco Thibeault

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Good luck with the swap Marco and I hope you have all of the little odds and ends. Is the 5.0 yours or does it belong to one of the students?

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
Yesterday I decide to put the Mach1 on the vehicul lift because the task under the car was considerable.

DSCF1021.jpg

I started with grinding knob on top of aluminium bloc and clean the mess, to eventualy install the lower intake.

DSCF1014-1.jpg

After that, I took of the oil cooler, rad fan, climatisation pump, cank pulley, water pump, p/s tank, .... to remove the timing cover
DSCF1019.jpg

Now, I'm ready to start built up! I'm still waiting for couple of parts. There's a lot of parts I took off!

DSCF1030.jpg

Last edited:

1983camhead

SVTCapri
Established Member
Thanks for documenting this- I'll be keeping my eye on it. I'm doing an Eaton swap on a Mach1 crate assembley but I'm sticking it in an 83 Capri. My project is moving quite slowly because of a lay off but I'll get done in time. Good luck!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Just my opinion Marco, but since you have an '03, I'd plan on installing the 'cooling mod' for the heads.

Just me though.

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
Hello everybody, Now I'm waiting for gasket and some small parts to start the assembly. That gonna take a week.
But winter are sill long in Canada hahaha.
Keep your eyes next week.
Thanks

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
Any updates:pop:

Hey man I will answer for Marco, we are going to pick-up all the parts that he orderd from Touesley on Friday. I have had them shipp to my cousin in Madawaska Maine, So next week end he should be ready to start essembling:rockon:

PS and at the same time I am picking up my 2.4 KBell yahoo we will be like little kids coming back from that 2hrs drive lol!!!!!

Last edited:

Kove

Established Member
Nice documentation. I'd like to do this swap sometime in the future but it seems like it's just such a pain in the @$$ gettin all the parts. How much did you end up spending to get all the parts for the swap?

EVO-lution

Established Member
Lets go Marco you're slacking over here. We're still waiting hahahahaha j/k. Progress looks good man. Can't wait to see the finished project. I been wanting to do this too :-\

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Nice documentation. I'd like to do this swap sometime in the future but it seems like it's just such a pain in the @$$ gettin all the parts. How much did you end up spending to get all the parts for the swap?

I did the swap and i was under 2800.Thats tune, wideband, fuel gauge, oil gauge, boost gauge, SB TB and plenum. I think i was under 1800 for just the basic parts. :D

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Hey man I will answer for Marco, we are going to pick-up all the parts that he orderd from Touesley on Friday. I have had them shipp to my cousin in Madawaska Maine, So next week end he should be ready to start essembling:rockon:

PS and at the same time I am picking up my 2.4 KBell yahoo we will be like little kids coming back from that 2hrs drive lol!!!!!

Have fun with the new S/C. Is the Eaton Marco is putting on coming off of your car?

Users who are viewing this thread